How to work with the Paint Bucket?

Re42

Hello, I'm new with Paint.net and I don't know how to use the Paint Bucket. The problem: I can choose a colour but every attemt tu use that colour then fails. My situation is as follows:

I have created a canvas and inside the cancas there is a png.-picture. And then I want to fill the canvas with a choosen colour, but the colour shall be only around the picture. How can I achieve that? Thanks for informations.

Hi @Re42 and welcome.  I'm going to assume that your canvas is transparent with your png somewhere inside.

Click on the transparent area with the wand, then select the paint bucket and fill area with chosen color.

You could also create a new transparent layer and place it underneath the layer that contains your png and simply fill the new layer with chosen color.

If your png does not have any transparency, you'll have to erase the areas you don't want, then follow the above steps.

Hope this helps... ☺️

Hi lynxter4. Thanks, but I'm still not able to fill the area with color. But maybe it's important to tell here something more which could be important in this case: At first there was the png and after that I created the canvas around. The canvas is white and if I choose a color in the paint bucket and try to activate that color, only a sign with crosses appeares then in the canvas and one single dot as ornament. I just don't see a possibilty to activate the choosen color. Thanks again.

Yes, thanks. It would be interesting to learn how to use paint.net correct in this case, but, however, meanwhile there is no need anymore, because I have found another solution beyond paint.net. In general paint.net was a big help for me.