I want to search for fonts I added or are already in paint.net.

Renard

I don't want to keep on scrolling down the font drop-down every time I need a font, Is there anything that can allow you to search for a font such as Eastwood?

Edited by Renard

I don't understand that ^ advice.

It surely assumes you just have a few dozen fonts installed rather than hundreds. If the latter is the case you are doomed to scrolling down through the whole collection to select a Z named font like Zrnic, one I've had cause to use quite a lot. The scrolling is very fast though and I don't believe you're wasting that much time doing it. 

However it could be a useful feature being able to type the font's name into the box to select it, similar to the way you can adjust the font size manually.

Edited by IHaveNoName
typo

IHaveNoName.png

12 hours ago, IHaveNoName said:

I don't understand that ^ advice.

1. Activate the Text Tool
  2. Click the mouse once in the font-selection text box in the tool-bar
  3. Press the keyboard key matching the first letter of the font you want

The list of font-names jumps to those starting with the key you pressed.

BTW you know you can use the mouse wheel to scroll the list of font names? It's really fast :)

• Like 1

Ah-ha not understanding ardneh's advice was because it wasn't clear that bit about using the keyboard to select the first letter of the font in question. Thanks to Ego Eram Reputo for making that clearer.

I've just tried it and it indeed does work. Its a very useful feature I wish I'd known about a long time ago.

IHaveNoName.png