Create a slide in a photograph

Do you mean a ramp, for wheel-chair users?

From a graphics point of view it shouldn't be difficult to texture a ramp to look like white painted concrete, similar to the walls. But I think what you may also be asking for are design ideas for that particular location. Yes?

That's more difficult as the entrance to the cafeteria is on a hill with the narrow pavement/sidewalk and kerb dropping from right to left too.

IHaveNoName.png

@Carrito It can be possible to use the ramp from the photograph and add it to the original photo.

1.  Draw lines around the ramp/step on a new layer.  1.png 

2.  Select the lines layer, go to the photo layer and Invert selection and delete. 2.png

3.  Use Gaussian Blur and AA's Assistant to sharpen.

4.  Copy the step layer (resize it first) and then switch back to your original photo and paste. final-with-lines.png

5.  Copy the color of your steps, make a new layer and use the line / curve tool to straighten the slant.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

4 hours ago, IHaveNoName said:

Do you mean a ramp, for wheel-chair users?

From a graphics point of view it shouldn't be difficult to texture a ramp to look like white painted concrete, similar to the walls. But I think what you may also be asking for are design ideas for that particular location. Yes?

That's more difficult as the entrance to the cafeteria is on a hill with the narrow pavement/sidewalk and kerb dropping from right to left too.

Yes a ramp.

but not over the sidewalk , only in the step.

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

@Carrito It can be possible to use the ramp from the photograph and add it to the original photo.

1.  Draw lines around the ramp/step on a new layer.  L4T81x.png

2.  Select the lines layer, go to the photo layer and Invert selection and delete. ytvLhG.png

3.  Use Gaussian Blur and AA's Assistant to sharpen.

4.  Copy the step layer (resize it first) and then switch back to your original photo and paste.

5.  Copy the color of your steps, make a new layer and use the line / curve tool to straighten the slant. a64cyw.png

Seems to me a good idea. But not over the sidewalk.

First remove everything that looks like stairs, using Select/Delete and Eraser tool.

Then put a new layer under the image and make a Rectangular selection bigger than the hole.

5VSyaX.png

Apply a Linear Gradient to the selection with different

shades of grey as Primary and Secondary colors.

5VcC98.png

You will need to do some final detail work using this tutorial. (Click the PDF link).

Edited by ardneh

I am simply lost.

Obviously because I don't know how to follow the instructions.

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4008/6aCQIi.png

I don't understand :

Apply a Linear Gradient to the selection with different

shades of grey as Primary and Secondary colors.

How can I put my interface in english for paint.net ?