Any plugin for use Bitmap font.

Zenxia UI

I'm want to design a few ui, but i have my own font and was configured on .wbmp + xml (originally is raster font also, but i'm  re-created it again [raster compatible with windows], i'm designed ".fon".

Every that i need to make a draw font, i need write on notepad, print screen, paste to paint and process the font. I don't sure why paint net has removed the support of .fon files from 3.5.11.

Theme 2.jpg

Edited by Zenxia UI

Hopefully one of the other members can answer this question for you.  Meanwhile, perhaps this post will be of help:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

9 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hopefully one of the other members can answer this question for you.  Meanwhile, perhaps this post will be of help:

Paint net 3.5.11 show bitmap fon well without problem (at least for me) on the built in text editor, but on plugin not appears. From 4 and newers the font not appears definitively. Freetype is for python, true?

Do you really need Bitmap fonts? Can't you just disable Anti-aliasing on the font rendering, and produce a very similar output?

1 hour ago, Zenxia UI said:

Freetype is for python, true?

FreeType is a C language library, but you can probably find bindings for Python.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Do you really need Bitmap fonts? Can't you just disable Anti-aliasing on the font rendering, and produce a very similar output?

FreeType is a C language library, but you can probably find bindings for Python.

Is just lcd small screen display look well with bitmap, the problem is that original source is a xml+wbmp (I don't know exactly what program uses this) but i has converted the font to (.fon) and look fine. I tried to convert to ttf for paint'net but without sucess. I can't merge family between size. Is a raster family 9px regular,bold and 11 px bold. In notepad look perfect also due look specify sizes that exist. But paint doesn't load font. (at least from 3.5.11)

With raster (.fon) i can merge styles to specify sizes and bold/regular/italic etc flags. ttf uses only one style on all sizes. Maybe i can try to convert but if i can keep original font (raster) is much better.

13 hours ago, Zenxia UI said:

I don't know why Paint net has changed to directwrite. at least GDI+ is more cool than directwrite.

That's completely false. GDI+ is ancient, archaic, slow, is difficult to work with, and produces poor quality output.

Bitmap fonts are not supported by DirectWrite (or WPF), and Microsoft has deprecated their use in general.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

10 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

That's completely false. GDI+ is ancient, archaic, slow, is difficult to work with, and produces poor quality output.

Bitmap fonts are not supported by DirectWrite (or WPF), and Microsoft has deprecated their use in general.

GDI+ is ancient, archaic, slow, is difficult to work with, and produces poor quality output. ¿Sure?.

GDI+ i think that support but i want force gdi+ Paint'net not accept gdi+, inclusive if disable hw acceleration. Between directwrite and gdi+ the difference not it's much ¿In paint.net the gdi is disable why? i never encounter error between old version that use gdi. More powerful is that select engine on setting menu, i sure that i don't is unique people that is ask how  to disable the bad engine "directwrite", is program for painting i maybe. gdi+ is more open to support file formats. Notepad font is more quality than paint net.

If gdi is completely bad why others peoples still searching it? for my point of view if your adds directwrite add any option due remove completely one motor. Is searching to delete but hard to add. you are kidding me?

Notepad++ notepad windows movie maker windows UI and common windows program still using gdi+ or gdi. If is deprecated ¿why i can be use currently on this programs?. Gimp photoshop, after effect also still using...

Edited by Zenxia UI

I showed that can select layer between smooth sharp (modern) and Sharp (classic) but this is fake due not switch really the engines due emulates gdi+/gdi under directwrite but the font quality never will be same and doesn't adds raster fonts. Currently i will to work with gimp, paint net not support my interface simulation. For Qualcomm sim i return to paint net and working normally. currently needs to work with raster and in paint net also doesn't exist any plugin to write with gdi (raster)

Edited by Zenxia UI

• Rick Brewster locked this topic