Program File Problems

I am trying to go through a tutorial on how to download plugins from the Youtuber Finlay (I make Minecraft texture packs with paint.net), and it says to paste it in the plugins folder in This PC > Program Files > paint.net. I don't have paint.net in the program files. How can I find my plugins folder?

If you have the Microsoft store version plugins are handled differently.

Note

In the Windows Store version of paint.net, the directories for plugins and Shapes are different. These locations need to be created manually.

First navigate to your Documents folder (this may be translated to your system language). In it, create a new folder called paint.net App Files
Then create three subfolders in the new folder. These should be called: Effects, FileTypes and Shapes.
The correct spelling of these folder names is essential, however Windows and paint.net will ignore the capitalization (or lack of).

2 hours ago, brUUUh said:

Finlay

Be careful.  Finlay is a thief.

He is illegally redistributing plugins.

If you want my plugins, it is best to simply download them from HERE as they come with an installer.

The plugins he's distributing are outdated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1