I texture 3D models and create catalog photos for them

JeffGothro

I thought I would share some of my work, I have hundreds of photos but I will post a few. I do texture work and texture 3D models, I'm not very good at it and not very good with paint programs in general...so hopefully you wont be to hard on me :P

But anyway, without further adieu and dribbly comentary.

Soda machine

Vintage_Soda_Machine.jpg

Piano

Antique_Piano.jpg

Letterman coat

Letterman01.jpg

Shelby cobra car

Cobra_Car.jpg

Guitar

Rockabilly_Guitar1.jpg

Snakeskin outfit

Rat rod

Super_Rat1v2.jpg

Some tattoos I have in real life.

Phoenix_Tattoo_v2.jpg

My banners

S9_Banner.png

Custom_Shop450x20.png

One of my heros - now be nice or I'll have to blast a cap with my heater :P

caponetommygunbt3.png

The snake skin outfit is kind of...explicit, however. :? Remember, this is a family-friendly forum. :wink:

Removed. Please keep the images clean.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sorry about that, I read the picture forum rules and didnt see anything on that so I thought it would be cool.

Yes, although I do use other programs about 80% of my work is done in PDN. Usually I use gimp for really precise light/dark shading, usuallt airbrushing by hand and photoshop for lighting effects, like flares and stuff...but most of or the base of the texture is/are done in PDN. Most of this stuff I posted though was done almost excusivly in PDN.

They're pretty good but some of them look a bit aliased (Don't know if that's paint.net's fault or your 3D program's fault)

I think its a lil of both...I use a program called the previewer, its software made by a 3D chat site I goof off at, its not the greatest software (the chat client is still beta actually). I try to do my best with it, some results are more favorable then others. The previewer uses a 64x128, 128x256, 256x512 rule when it renders textures and I try to stay within those rules whenever possible, then there are the actual meshers who make the meshes and UV texture maps that I'm sure play a part in it and how things render. My biggest challenge often is opacity maps, its really hard to make clean lines in PDN especially if there are angles and curves, however, PDN is the program I use for my opacitys (if fact I'm mkaking a map as we speak in PDN).