How do I make 2 circles to print in Paint.net?

"Ratio Match" is my own term for it, because I don't know how else to explain it.  Basically I have a photo and the photo has two circles-  One circle is inside of the other.

I want to create two circles- one inside of the other BUT they have to print out with the same ratio distance as in the photo I have.  In other words, if I were to take my 2 circles and directly place them on top of the photo, they would match.

I guess one way to do this would be to layer a clear sheet over my photo and then trace on that clear sheet the two circles.  Can paint do this?  Whenever I try to layer something I can't see the image underneath so I can't trace it.

After you add the transparent layer, if the circles you want to duplicate are true circles, you probably don't want to actually trace them. You want to use the Shapes Tool, with the shape set to Ellipse. Hold down the Shift key whenever you change their sizes, so they remain circles, not ellipses.

(A more specific title would be better.  "How do I do this thing I wanna do on Paint.net?" says nothing. Practically every question posed in this forum fits that description. Rule 6: "Thread titles must be descriptive and specific -- NOT generic")

EDIT: Thanks to @Pixey for updating the title to something like it should have been in the first place.

• Pixey changed the title to How do I make 2 circles to print in Paint.net?