Spray Paint Effect

Hello. I am looking for a spray paint 8bf file preferably. If there is an actual paint.net plugin to make that effect, that would be great. Many thanks.

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

All I can think of is, perhaps, some spray paint brushes, which can be found here:  https://www.brusheezy.com/free/spray

But, a similar effect can be done in paint.net.

1. Open PDN with a white BG.
2. New layer and add text (or your shape) in black.
3. Select the text and add a white drop shadow, in a size you like.
4. Select the black text and delete.
5.  You should now just have the white.
6. Use Blur blend to smooth and AA's Assistant.
7. Use @Red ochre's Contour on the Blur option for background.
8. Use frosted glass.

Frosted-text-like-paint-splater.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @Ladybug

Spraying typically requires that the tool repeats a random pixel pattern as long as the mouse button is pressed. Means that it increases the density of the pixels over the time in the brush area.

Is this what you are looking for?

So maybe take a look to the Brush Factory plugin.

midoras signature.gif

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there, Carlos Here.
I would Recommend using multiple layers, Draw your Shape with your brush @ 75%, add a little bit of that Dent Effect, dont set the values too high, scale cannot be high at all, and then on a lower layer you draw some drips that go downwards, add your dents there aswell on even lower values, Hope i could Help, Success to you and everyone!

allimage.thumb.png.e0a8b99deb0c929fe001b6d82ca513dd.png

• 6 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, BoltBait said:

This is the sort of entitled attitude that gets your request ignored. 

I mean he's right though. It's a simple concept that I remember existing in a Super Nintendo game from the 90s and the default paint program from Windows 98. Right now it is a bit complicated to accomplish this effect when you could have a simple spray tool alongside the brush or pencil.

Edited by RogueReverie

You are missing the point. Just because it appears "simple" to you does not mean it is so. Rick puts an enormous amount of effort into testing and refining new features. They don't happen just because someone thinks it "should be easy".

Paint.net was more than half a million lines of code way back in 2019. It could easily be double that now.

I see @midora previously suggested the "Brush Factory" plugin. I think Dynamic draw is it's successor.
Dynamic Draw with angle jitter can imitate a spray quite well if you create a transparent .png brush with just a few opaque pixel sized dots on it.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg