Wondering if there is a plugin that can reverse the order of layers

fastride2

Wondering if there is a plugin that can reverse the order of layers. So for example, if you have 4 layers marked like this

The plugin would change it to this

I need a plugin like this because I found a plugin to open a gif and I want to reverse it and then cut the 2 together somehow. I use Paint.Net to make wallpapers for Wallpaper engine and other things. It is my favorite photo editing software.

Edited by fastride2

5 hours ago, fastride2 said:

Wondering if there is a plugin that can reverse the order of layers.

Yes, there is a way to do this in File Explorer.  Take a look at this video and at stage 12.12 mins, you will see how @TechnoRobbo does this.  I have, however, never been able to figure out how he does what he calls 'sort'.  If you can figure it out, please post back as I'd love to know too.

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

19 minutes ago, Pixey said:

If you can figure it out, please post back as I'd love to know too.

In Windows 10 file explorer click on the 'view tab' at the top and select 'Sort by' and choose the relevant field. Click it again and it will reverse the order.
If you select 'choose columns' (at the bottom of the sort by list) you should be able to find a useful way to sort your images.
Probably best to name your image layers in a logical, easy to sort way... 1,2,3, etc. Hope that helps and not patronising!😉

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Silly question from me @Red ochre 😬 I can see how to do this when I'm in File Explorer, but how do you get to this - File Explorer - when you are in Paint.net?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

10 hours ago, Pixey said:

Yes, there is a way to do this in File Explorer.  Take a look at this video and at stage 12.12 mins, you will see how @TechnoRobbo does this.  I have, however, never been able to figure out how he does what he calls 'sort'.  If you can figure it out, please post back as I'd love to know too.

8 hours ago, Red ochre said:

Layers/Import from file (choose 'details' in the top right of the pane then click on the field title to sort)... or more generally minimise paint.net and open file explorer.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. How I had to do it was manually duplicate all the layers and  move them.