Eraser shape

Adding on to this thread, is it possible to get a plugin that uses presaved images as erasers? I'm trying to mimic grass texture after I render a block of grass, but it's a bit annoying to drag around the png I'm currently using as an eraser and replicate it a couple dozen times just to get the right look.

Grass:

image.png.c7ea5b3d007e5ca79de7b51fb5fb4d35.png

My "eraser":

image.png.26d7c34cee0177f403ab90bea87da819.png

I duplicate the image on several layers, then use the magic wand (shift+click) to select all the black:

image.png.fc401dd9c44d58b83eb207fec7ce2965.png

Finally, I delete it from the grass layer:

image.png.827d696ca082bde99ef2ff51d051d61c.png

Although it does the job, it takes ridiculously long and the result isn't great...any tips?

If you use my Selection2 clear plugin it would save having to reselect your "eraser" shape each time. In my pack - link in Sig below.
Unfortunately deleting selections tends to leave a 'pixelated' edge, so I avoid it when possible.
Personally I would use the Furblur plugin to soften the edge of the grass but you could also explore using the Brush factory plugin. (You can easily create your own grass brush)

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@digital_oatmeal I've split your question out of the thread you posted in. @Red ochre's reply also made the cut :lol:

• Like 1