PixelCounter

I have spent hours trying to attach a pexilcounter2.dll file into effects on my Paint App.  I had used this method in like 2017, but have updated my laptop to an updated laptop and now I can not get the file ..  pexilcounter2.zip to attached into the [effect] folder of the Paint App.. 

Any suggestions?  Maybe there is an updated pexilcounter.zip file we can use? Why wont the .dll file I have attach, it tells me he image type is not recognized?.

Help Please? ..  Marian

3 hours ago, Marian said:

I can not get the file ..  pexilcounter2.zip to attached into the [effect] folder of the Paint App.. 

Just in case ................... did you unzip the file first?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

So, I just downloaded this Pixel Counter from here: 

And it went into my Effects folder with no problems.  Where did you get yours from?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Pixey ..  to answer your question.  I retrieve the pixelcounter2.zip from this forum. This was the same one I used in my older laptop as well, which I did not have problems and was able to use the bookfolding pattern maker.  I just cant seem to get it to work on this updated laptop.

I drag the [pixelcounter2.dll] file and place on top of the [effect] folder on Paint App.

29 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Right-click on pixelcounter2.zip and unzip the file to your desktop first.  Then, drag the pixelcounter2.dll file into your effects folder.

Though that's worth trying, when installing plugins, I always just copy-and-paste the .dll file from the .zip file folder, without unzipping, and it's always worked.

43 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Right-click on pixelcounter2.zip and unzip the file to your desktop first.  Then, drag the pixelcounter2.dll file into your effects folder.

Ill try that..  right now I still have it in the [download] folder, which i drag from it.. will try the desktop..  tks for the tip

OK.. I delete any download pixel counter files I had downloaded, rebooted the computer.. 

then I went to your forum and retrieved the pexilcounter2.zip. Unzipped the file and saved pexilcounter2.dll to the desk top.. opened the PaintApp and drug the dll file to the (effects) folder..

This is the pop up reply I get!! 

(The image type is not recognized, and cannot be open.)

11 minutes ago, ardneh said:

image.png.9ecdf5086bba87cc8ca42839f29c4931.png

This happens from dragging the .dll onto the paint.net UI.

Plugins aren't installed that way.

This was the method I used on my old laptop, so guess I need to use another method?  And I dont know how to work with plugins, not understanding well enough. 

Thanks for trying to help.. Mare

Im so frustrated, I can not use Paint.net to create a bookfolding pattern because I dont have a pexilcounter.dll installed on the program? Ill try and uninstall Paint.net and reinstall it? I have been suggested to use a plugin to help me? Im overwhelmed with excessive reading trying to find this little dll file? 

Thanks for all the ones that tried to help me.. Mare

18 minutes ago, Marian said:

Ill try and uninstall Paint.net and reinstall it?

That's totally not necessary.

Try following this instruction page on how to install plugins:

https://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

It has pictures and everything!

10 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

That's totally not necessary.

Try following this instruction page on how to install plugins:

It has pictures and everything!

TY!!  I will try and see what I can do ..  I did uninstall/restall Paint, thinking I did something wrong with the previous download.. 

Will pexilcounter be in the plugin?

16 minutes ago, Marian said:

I did uninstall/restall Paint, thinking I did something wrong with the previous download.

That won't hurt anything.

16 minutes ago, Marian said:

Will pexilcounter be in the plugin?

I'm not sure what you mean there.  You'll need to download the pixelcounter.zip file and unzip it according to the instructions on this page:

Once properly installed, and you've restarted Paint.NET, you should be able to find the pixel counter in your Effects menu.

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

Just in case ................... did you unzip the file first?

I figured it out!!  I now have a pexilcounter2.dll in my effect files so I can create bookfolding patterns!!  What did I do wrong?  After many hours!! And after Bolt quoted I needed to get the zip for pexil counter, it dawned on me, I was trying to attach to [effects] in the wrong location!!   I had opened the Paint program itself, and was attempting to add to effect files there, had to think that maybe I needed to do that in the file folders itself!!  and not on the program itself.. Mare

• Like 1