Preserve color information when exporting png image

Hello,

is there a way to export png image with transparent pixels that preserve color information?

Here is detailed information why I wan't to do this:

http://www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2017/05/09/beware-of-transparent-pixels/#as-an-artist-make-it-bleed

I tried to create second layout with solid color and changing opacity (alpha) to 0, but when I try to export the image, color information is lost.

Edited by hellofirends0

When saving your image, be sure to choose "PNG" from the format drop-down in the "Save as" dialog box.

Then, on the next screen, be sure to choose "Auto-detect" in the bit-depth drop-down:

image.png

If that doesn't work, please show us one of your images that isn't working and we'll take a look at it.  Just be sure the image is family-friendly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hellofirends0 said:

I tried to create second layout with solid color and changing opacity (alpha) to 0, but when I try to export the image, color information is lost.

Of course it is.  When alpha is 0, the color information is undefined.

Try changing the alpha to 1 instead.  You won't be able to see it, but the color information will be preserved.