partial print from printing

I just red that Microsoft may have stopped the rollout of the march update because of printer issues in different applications. Wort case blue screens.

The proposed workaround was to deinstall the printer driver and to reinstall it.

midoras signature.gif

Using paint.net to print a number of jpg image to a canon G3202 printer on any size paper, with plain or glossy paper setting , standard or high quality setting  there is an unprinted stripe the length of the image. on 4 x 6 paper the stripe is 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch from the left edge of the image.  Windows 10 photo app prints all images correctly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pbujna said:

Did not solve the problem reinstalling the drivers. I tested 8 applications to print the same image file. Only paint.net has the problem.

I only shared the info from technical window forums. If the proposed workaround from there does not help then there is little you can do.

I do not have an issue using the standard printing feature in paint.net.

Did you install the  PrintIt  plugin and tried to print? It uses a little bit different access to the printer methods that the standard print feature.

@grahahwThanks for the detailed description.

BTW google for "windows 10 update causes printer problems"

Edited by midora

midoras signature.gif

On 3/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, midora said:

Hi @fat tony, welcome to the forum.

Please describe a little bit more precise what's happening. So you are clicking on the print menu item, what happens then?

You may also try to print via the PrintIt plugin, which offers more choices.

so i have my image ready to go , > print> extra heavy glossy on a 11x17 sheet it only prints 2" from the side of the paper, i beleive @pbujna had the same problem(see image) when i download the zip file wher do i extract it to? (its the same on the otherside of the paper because i flipped it around and reprinted)

paint.jpg

Edited by fat tony

18 hours ago, fat tony said:

so i have my image ready to go , > print> extra heavy glossy on a 11x17 sheet it only prints 2" from the side of the paper, i beleive @pbujna had the same problem(see image) when i download the zip file wher do i extract it to? (its the same on the otherside of the paper because i flipped it around and reprinted)

What do you expect that Rick should do? If suddenly a lot of people getting simular issues in an existing application then the reason maybe somewhere else.

Try to desinstall your latest Windows Update and check if it works?

It looks like nobody tries the PrintIt plugiin and reported back if there is the same issue.

You have to support the supporters or nothing will happen.

midoras signature.gif

This is NOT a paint.net specific issue there are several applications and printer drivers affected (including bluescreens).

It may be possible that a change in the usage of the printing interface in paint.net may avoid this problem. But difficult to test if only some users are affected and nobody of the users tries alternative solutions like printing via the  PrintIt  plugin in paint.net. Just to see if the plugin has the same issue or not.

Microsoft knows this problem, there are thousands of supporters in the world fighting with this issue (some are happy because they are earning an extra bit of money ;-).

In the meantime there is a set of Updates available (KB5001565-KB5001568) but these KBs still do not fix all issues on all systems. But you may try.

midoras signature.gif

3 hours ago, midora said:

This is NOT a paint.net specific issue there are several applications and printer drivers affected (including bluescreens).

It may be possible that a change in the usage of the printing interface in paint.net may avoid this problem. But difficult to test if only some users are affected and nobody of the users tries alternative solutions like printing via the  PrintIt  plugin in paint.net. Just to see if the plugin has the same issue or not.

Microsoft knows this problem, there are thousands of supporters in the world fighting with this issue (some are happy because they are earning an extra bit of money ;-).

In the meantime there is a set of Updates available (KB5001565-KB5001568) but these KBs still do not fix all issues on all systems. But you may try.

printit plug in works but is sluggish as hell, ideas?

thanx

• Like 1

I’m not sure if I’m posting this on the right forum, but  hopefully I am. I’ve been using paint.net for several years to create labels. Sometimes I need to make a label larger than previously before or I want to edit it in some minimal way. It has always worked well for me until just recently I’ve never had a problem. Now when I edit and try to print the portion that is edited prints out just plain white. I did recently buy a new printer so I have thought that it was the new printer that was causing the problem. However, after multiple calls and several hours on the phone with Cannon, I have to determined that it’s the program. 

@fat tony Thanks for the test. Good to hear that we may propose a second solution.

You are right, PrintIt is sluggish while opening the dialog. This started with Win10. There was no update of Printit in the last 5 years. There is some rework ongoing (caching the printer settings). Let's hope that MS is able to solve the issue.

midoras signature.gif

It did it again so I installed the plugin but the plugin freezes the app. I read through the thread and that seems to happen to some people.

Id' be happy to work w/ a dev on this. I've been doing IT, security, etc. for over 20 years so I can work with you are the level you are used to.

thx

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue. Brand new Epson XP-6105 printer on a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. Create an image in Paint.net - when I try to print, it leaves an 80mm unprinted strip right down the centre of the page (see image below - full A4 page with MS Photo print of same image for comparison). I can print the same image from Windows Photo/Photoshop or import to any other document and print via any MS Office application. I have downloaded and installed the latest windows update as suggested, deleted/reinstalled paint.net and all printer drivers with no change in output. In my experience, this seems to be an issue specific to Paint.net?

IMG_6138.2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Hoyerman said:

I have downloaded and installed the latest windows update as suggested

Please verify this; post a screenshot that shows the update is installed.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Same problem since some Windows update a few weeks ago. If its a "small" picture file it prints fine. The larger the resolution, the less of the picture it prints. I have no idea how to fix it though. I'm on the latest Windows 10 (64-bit) as well as the latest Paint.net. I actually upgraded to the latest Paint.net to try and see if it solves it, but it did not. We use two Epson Ink-Tank printers L550 and L1300.

It actually shows in the print preview if its going to print correctly or not - weird indeed.

Edited by Wolla

50 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

@Hoyerman, @Ripper, or @Wolla,

One of you needs to substantiate your report by posting a screenshot showing that you've installed the suggested Windows Update.

Ok, I have just installed the following Windows Update KB5000842 under "other updates" and now printing from Paint.Net works 100% again, not sure if this was the one suggested, but thanks anyway if it was.

pdn_print_fix_KB5000842.png

• Like 1