PropertyBased UI: All PropertyBased Controls

midora

Put together an PropertyBased effect dialog, showing all valid combinations of properties and control types.

Just to have an idea what's available and how it looks in enabled and disabled state.

Enabled image.thumb.png.2053865d50217853ce7eb2ca29891567.png     Disabled image.thumb.png.4344165a1f2e0067269cb90ffa67a485.png

image.png.d9d424f2bfeba12f04bf2c25afb2d51f.png

Dll and VS Solution: PdnPropertiesAndControlTypes.zip

Edited by midora
  • Like 2

midoras signature.gif

Very nice job! Thanks.

Shouldn't Pan control enabled / disabled have a gray border reflecting the size of the canvas?

N0tM6xa.png

There are also some issues with scaling the Color Wheel control in the UI interface.

xZRO1DS.png

Edited by NSD

2 minutes ago, NSD said:

Shouldn't Pan control enabled / disabled have a gray border reflecting the size of the canvas?

N0tM6xa.png

The plugin uses always the default constructor if possible. In this case the property has no idea about the canvas or an image. Typically you are adding a bitmap to the property. Still a border around the square (which is used in the case) would be a good idea (IMHO).

• Like 1

midoras signature.gif

On 3/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, NSD said:

There are also some issues with scaling the Color Wheel control in the UI interface.

I checked this on my laptop (1920x1080.) using 125% (Recommended and 100%. There was no issue, even in the case that the scrollbar was visible. But for sure in your case the issue is visible.

midoras signature.gif

I don't think too many people use the full sized color wheel.

Read this for how to utilize the other sizes:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/880-codelab-v60-for-advanced-users-released-june-25-2020/?do=findComment&comment=548600

@BoltBait This plugin uses the default constructors (if possible). It's not about how to fine tune. Just to show all available PropertyBased controls. You can also use it to check some issues. Like the bad tabbing in the radiobuttons or the open dark theme issues. But these issues should be discussed in other topics. I know CodeLab offers more controls but my understanding is that these are just fine tuned and presetted standard controls.

midoras signature.gif

• midora changed the title to PropertyBased UI: All PropertyBased Controls
  • 5 months later...

Hi Martin

I've been a fan of your plugins for awhile and just realized the name change. For your info, I'm starting to learn how to use VS2019 to create plugins. Create is not really the right word, recover would be better. I have the beta version of Paint.net installed and working on modifying some old plugins to learn VS. Your PdnPropertiesAndControls provided me with a valuable learning experience that I used to rebuild your plugin. I hope you don't mind my posting to GitHub for reference purposes. https://github.com/AndrewDavid007/PdnPropertiesAndControlTypes. It's too bad not every plugin is in GitHub.

• Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

@AndrewDavid,

You added this line 270 times in PdnPropertiesAndControlTypes.cs

#pragma warning disable CA1416 // Validate platform compatibility

You should not ignore the warning in 270 places. Instead you should fix the issue in 1 place.

Add this to your AssemblyInfo.cs file:

[assembly: SupportedOSPlatform("Windows")]
  • Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

13 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

I hope you don't mind my posting to GitHub for reference purposes. https://github.com/AndrewDavid007/PdnPropertiesAndControlTypes.

Hi Andrew, This plugin is a source for developers, so it's fine to move it to the next level.

13 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

It's too bad not every plugin is in GitHub.

You can say this also for every application (like paint.net 😉). There are always pros and cons. At the end it's the decision of the developer.

Great that you are improving your skills. Go on.

midoras signature.gif

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NSD said:

I think this solution does not work in Visual Studio 2017.  Is that correct?

I guess you are right. I switched to 2019 beginning of the year because I couldn't install some newer sdks.

midoras signature.gif

@midora

The only reason I am using VS2022 (Preview) is because VS2019 does not support Net 5.0.

I just finished going back to 4.2.16 to play with codelab. The work that was put into that plugin is gold. Not only does it create error free plugins, it exports to VB 2019 with no errors. The same plugin was opened in VS 2022 and 2 errors that should be easy to fix are not. Net 5.0 doesn't play nice. Maybe some work still needs to be done to make it backward compatible. My turn to look at your plugin.

3 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

The only reason I am using VS2022 (Preview) is because VS2019 does not support Net 5.0.

But I did this project using VS 2019. So maybe you missed any update. Even Net 6.0 should work.

midoras signature.gif

@midora

5 hours ago, midora said:

You have to update the references to the paint.net assembly (the project references the portable version)

VS 2022 would not let me. Errors galore.

VS 2019 allowed me to change references, but when I debugged, I got all kinds of errors. It did create the plugin though.

@BoltBait

I stand corrected. Is it causing you grief updating CodeLab?

5 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

@BoltBait

I stand corrected. Is it causing you grief updating CodeLab?

Not really. I did have to update my 2019 VS to the latest build. But, other than that, building CodeLab went smoothly.  It is ready to roll out when Paint.NET v4.3 is released.

14 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Yes, I plan to publish an update this weekend.

Well, only good news today! Thank you brothers. After so much COVID-19, we need something like that.

47 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

VS 2019 allowed me to change references, but when I debugged, I got all kinds of errors. It did create the plugin though.

I didn't debug it. It is simple and just worked.

midoras signature.gif

There was one issue. Maybe someone could provide a hint.

Adding the icon to the resource always created code with the icon type byte[]. Means I couldn't use it as StaticImage. At some point I gave up and edited the .resx file (it's a text file) and changed there byte[] to Bitmap. This worked. The created .cs file got this type and I was able to use it as StaticImage. This is only an issue in the .net 5 environmment.

midoras signature.gif