Duplicate Entries

BDP

Hi,

Can anyone explain why I have got two entries in my menus for some items? For example, in Effects > Tools, I have two entries for Grid Warp..., Liquify..., Smudge... and Twist... As far as I can see, there is only one DLL for each of these functions. Does make the listings rather long!

Many thanks,

Brian

It means you have duplicated the plugins into your Effects Folder at some time.  Find your effects folder and delete the duplicates :)  The Effects Folder is found in the paint.net folder in programs.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@BDP, I dare say you are using the Classic version paint.net and the plugins you listed above were already in the Effects folder (C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects). The next time you installed plugins using @pyrochild's installer, you used the default 'Install only for Me (Classic and Store)' option. Another Effects folder was automatically created in your Documents folder (...\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects).

Just delete the duplicate DLLs in one of the two folders.

Remake,

Thank you so much - you were right! The offending plugins were in the Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects folder. I shall take more care next time I install Plugins

Brian