Suggestions: more Keyboard Shortcuts

I don't see a suggestions thread, is there one?

Anyway...

Suggestion #1: Make a Keyboard shortcut "," and "." for rotating a selection by 5º increments. 1º if holding Shift (smooth), 10 º if holding Alt(average) and 15º if holding Crtl (course).

I know I can rotate a selection of pixels by moving the mouse to a certain point and then clicking and dragging. In 15º increments if I hold the shift key. But since I'm using the mouse to keep track of a reference point, I need these keyboard shortcuts. And I love the angle display, nice touch!

Suggestion #1: Ellipse Selection. Need the shortcut "Ctrl + Shift" which keeps the selection in a circle AND centered on the pixel where the mouse button went down.

Thanks for your consideration,

Edited by Skittles

11 hours ago, Skittles said:

Suggestion #1: Make a Keyboard shortcut "," and "." for rotating a selection by 5º increments.

Both the suggested shortcuts are already in use...

Start Cap style

, (comma key)

Line style

. (period key)

Check out this work-around to fine-tune your rotations:

On 3/8/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Make your selection then hit M on your keyboard to activate the Move tool. Right click & drag to make a rotation. When you do the angle of rotation is shown in the Status Bar.

Hot Tip: While the right mouse button is held down use the keyboard arrow keys to fine tune the rotation. The further away the pointer is from the center of rotation, the finer control you get ;)

I don't understand why we are told to "work around" the limitations of the software.  I need a keyboard command to work rotation.  So, here's a work around if your car doesn't run. Push it down a hill and hop in! Would we do that?

Is it really so complicated to add useful features? So , and . are already in use. Does that mean the idea gets abandoned? How about ; and ' ?

I can understand how my previous idea may get scrubbed, it would require a lot of redesign.

I just don't understand this mentality.

5 hours ago, Skittles said:

I don't understand why we are told to "work around" the limitations of the software. 

You can't just update all at once, theres more requested updates that are being worked on, nobody is gonna add new features out of thin air. The ones that are less important obviously wont come out fast, if they even do come out

8 hours ago, Skittles said:

I don't understand why we are told to "work around" the limitations of the software.  I need a keyboard command to work rotation.  So, here's a work around if your car doesn't run. Push it down a hill and hop in! Would we do that?

There is no command for "rotate by x" so there will not be a shortcut. Best you can do is Ctrl + Shift + Z

The workaround was posted because your request is not going to happen. Make do with the tools you have instead of demanding a custom solution.

8 hours ago, Skittles said:

Is it really so complicated to add useful features?

Yes it is. You have no idea. You consider this useful, the lack of others asking for it indicates no one else thinks so.

2 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Yes it is. You have no idea. You consider this useful, the lack of others asking for it indicates no one else thinks so.

That is one reason. Another is that most people are not expecting changes on shortcuts, so they don't ask.

Isn't this possible with autohotkey?

G'MIC Filter Developer