Paint.net affecting other programs

I'm new to Paint.net (which I love using so far), but Paint is interfering with videos I'm playing. I like to listen YouTube videos while I'm coloring or drawing images, but every time I moved the mouse - to color or use the line/curve tool - the video sound in the background video glitches or pauses... That truly is very aggravating / stressing.. I was wondering if any one else is familiar with this problem or how o fix it? :/

Hi @AliceWL and welcome to the forum :)

I've never had that trouble myself.  Hopefully someone else on here will have some suggestions 😁

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

This is usually a problem with other software on the system, or maybe outdated GPU drivers.

If you give us the app's diagnostics info it may help. In PDN, go to Settings (gear icon at top right) -> Diagnostics -> Copy to Clipboard. Then, paste that here in a reply.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Turns out, working with Paint.Net doesn't affect Youtube videos when the the videos are played in Internet Explorer, instead of FireFox.. So.. Paint.Net is having a issue with videos played in FireFox.. I turned off all add-on's in Firefox, but the issue still persisted, so I'll be watching videos in IE while working with Paint. But that's fine, I'm glad I came up with a solution. ^_^