• actEYMu.png
    • sig.png.44a4375eb4a10f85e0eb1412d4754106.png
    • Qkt8AXP.png
    • sig2.png.e7ef3d0de053cd22397fb0d6f58d5dbd.png
    • SOTW_232a.png
    • 2021.png.9c15b3c180744085370e436dc773f9d5.png
    • wjufq7F.png

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2021 at 10:05 PM

The poll is now open for 'Reptillian's Popcorn Fractal '. It will be closed on Saturday, January 30th, 2021 - 2:00 PM (EST) & 7:00 PM (UK Time). World Clock

Thank you, everyone, for your beautiful entries. May the best artist_03.gif win!   Tons of entries this week!  Everyone, please vote!

Edited by lynxster4

On 1/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, lynxster4 said:

The poll is now open for 'Reptillian's Popcorn Fractal '. It will be closed on Saturday, January 30th, 2021 - 2:00 PM (EST) & 7:00 PM (UK Time). World Clock

Thank you, everyone, for your beautiful entries. May the best artist_03.gif win!   Tons of entries this week!  Everyone, please vote!

im new to tijhs site i dont know how this wokrs, im assuming i have voted??

• lynxster4 changed the title to SOTW#232 - Reptillian's Popcorn Fractal - Winners

Congratulations to the winners!

1st Place:   @Reptillian, @Djisves and @lynxster4 with 6 votes each :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

2nd Place:   @sashwilko, @ardneh and @Lloyd with 5 votes each :trophy-silver: :trophy-silver: :trophy-silver:

3rd Place:   @Ladybug and @Reptillian with 4 votes each :trophy-bronze: :trophy-bronze:

Great entries from everyone!  What a contest!  Good job, everyone!  :star:

12 hours ago, MightyCarlosLP said:

im new to tijhs site i dont know how this wokrs, im assuming i have voted??

Yes your votes were included. 👍

23 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

I must say, I'm a bit surprised at the result. 3 1st place winner. I was expecting my second entrance to receive the most votes of the three entries I had submitted.

Thank you for sharing your illness with us. As for your  second entrance? Please keep us posted.

I wish I could find a *blushing* emoticon to post here. This one is the competition I spent the least time on, ever. 

Congratulations to all who posted their creations. Almost everyone won! Special congratulations @Reptillian for his 1st place and thanks for the tool that made everyone's images; special congratulations to @lynxster4 too, for her 1st place and thanks for her time and effort in hosting the competition. I like @Reptillian's first entry best, the one in orange that got first place.

2 hours ago, Reptillian said:

I was expecting my second entrance to receive the most votes of the three entries I had submitted.

I think your first one is the best and most interesting by far (or is it "by a lot"?) and I'm interested in the settings you used, if you can share.

I did not vote for your second entry because I avoid voting for entries with vertical / portrait orientation. I respect the competition rules but I think vertical images have no place in a signature competition.

Xkds4Lh.png

Congratulations to all of the winners 🥳 So many beautiful renditions 👍  Such interesting shapes and some amazing colors 😍

Thank you @lynxster4 for hosting 👑

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

7 hours ago, Djisves said:

Congratulations to all who posted their creations. Almost everyone won! Special congratulations @Reptillian for his 1st place and thanks for the tool that made everyone's images;

I think your first one is the best and most interesting by far (or is it "by a lot"?) and I'm interested in the settings you used, if you can share.

Thanks, I hope that the PDN plugin can improved to have multi-threading though, and I'm not sure how's that possible.

That being said (The settings are):

1. Points = 50
  2. Density = 1 (Doesn't really work on the pdn version)
  3. H = 0.01
  4. K = -4.65
  5. Zoom = 2.929
  6. Angle = 0
  7. Origin = [ -0.117 , -1 ]
  8. Trig Mode = Trig-6
  9. X-S = Arc-Tangent
  10. X-T = Tangent
  11. X-U = Cosinusoidal
  12. Y-S = Arc Tangent
  13. Y-T = Sinusoidal
  14. Y-U = Sinusoidal
  15. Midpoint Shift = -0.176
  16. Multiplier = 2.590
  17. Normalize is off

• Upvote 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

I had placed this in the discussion thread for SOTW but don't think it was seen.

14 hours ago, Ladybug said:

Nicely done by everyone on the Popcorn Fractal SOW. Well deserved votes to those who got 1st place. Am shocked at my 3rd place since I normally shied away from Popcorn Fractal since I can't seem to get some of the creative effects some create. I am honored!

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan