Is it possible to disable image previews for TGA/DDS files?

SickDay

After updating from a really old version of PDN, I was greeted with a new UI among many other changes, one of which is that many TGA/DDS files now preview along with the pdn files.
Pictured is an example:
raw.png.3b9c9ee1f4526e94c480f0a7be345017.png

One of these files is a heavy, working file, the other is the saved, compressed TGA file format.
It used to be that only the PDN files would preview, and the others would have a simple icon instead.
Even hovering over the files, they display as "Paint.net image" instead of DDS/TGA.
Is it possible to revert this? I'd appreciate any tips on how to do this if it's a system setting, or etc.
Thanks!

I get how it can be useful, but when editing files, it was easy to locate and open the PDNs to work on, then save them to the same folder with the finished DDS/TGA files, but when going to open the finished one, it can become hard to differentiate between which is the PDN or the finished file, I can only really tell via small changes between the preview or the filesize at that point. Everything else about them is nearly the same.
Meanwhile, with it having the simple thumbnail image: 0719b893c0b8e19675d30fd6b1342016.png
https://gyazo.com/0719b893c0b8e19675d30fd6b1342016
Comparing that to the PDN preview, it makes it easy to know which is which, you know?
I do prefer that to be the case, than more or less having to guess out of two files.
I wouldn't mind that being a feature later on.
Hope this helps!

41 minutes ago, SickDay said:

I get how it can be useful, but when editing files, it was easy to locate and open the PDNs to work on, then save them to the same folder with the finished DDS/TGA files, but when going to open the finished one, it can become hard to differentiate between which is the PDN or the finished file, I can only really tell via small changes between the preview or the filesize at that point. Everything else about them is nearly the same.

You could turn on the option to show file extensions in Windows Explorer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-how-to-show-the-file-extension-for/ed21ff20-cdb3-4263-9c7d-fc6ed125fc82

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait