Filename, Date, Time on print-out

2 hours ago, hanspeter said:

But it does not  work.

Use the Header and Footer options to specify the information you need. {Print.Name} will append the filename, but I haven't found a keyword for Date and Time. Suggest you manually append these as simple strings.

Printit-header-footer.png

Don’t worry. Plugins are supported for the Store release. You just have to install them in a different location. Go to your Documents folder, create a folder called “paint.net App Files” (no quotes though), and then create a folder for each plugin type: Effects, FileTypes, and Shapes. And then put your plugins into each folder just like you’re used to with the Classic release. This does mean that plugins are installed per-user, mind you.

Thanks ardneh, unfortunately that did not help either. Can you give me the whole thread? It might perhaps help me further.

In the instructions on the page where I downloaded the files from stood:  After a restart of Paint.NET you will find the plugin at Menu-> Effects-> Tools -> Print It.

I have no TOOLS there. Does anyone know anything about that?

/hans peter

^ the second link here. The relevant bit is the second yellow note.

Puh! Now I have succeeded in making a Tools-choice in Effects in the app. But say the joy that lasts forever. The function is incomparably slow and in the end I have to close the program in the Taskmanager. To me, it seems to be something wrong somewhere. The Documents>paint.net App Files>Effekts consist of the files in the enclosed picture. Is that ok or is it wrong?

/hans peter  

image.png

7 hours ago, hanspeter said:

The function is incomparably slow and in the end I have to close the program in the Taskmanager.

If I remember correctly, The 'Print It' plugin will freeze up with some printer drivers.

I recommend using IrfanView to print your images. It will give you the print options you're looking for.

7 hours ago, hanspeter said:

The Documents>paint.net App Files>Effects consist of the files in the enclosed picture. Is that ok or is it wrong?

That is correct.

3 hours ago, ardneh said:

Try putting the OptionBasedLibrary files outside the Effects folder as the plugin author instructs.

No, don't do that. Martin gave bad instructions.

All the files need to be placed into the Effects folder.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

18 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

I recommend using IrfanView to print your images.

Unfortunately, this is a tricky way to work around the problem with the print it-plugin. Does anyone have a solution directly linked to Paint.net? What does the author Martin Osieka say himself concerning the problems i discribe above?
/hans peter

5 minutes ago, hanspeter said:

What does the author Martin Osieka say himself concerning the problems i discribe above?

Martin Osieka has not been active on the forum since 2017.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait