How to Install Plugins ×

Tiled Form - 12/02/2021

Update again.

In case of either width or height being 0, you can use the other one to define tile width and tile size. Before, it was only width that can be used or it wouldn't work.

Not really much of a update as this plugin is complete at this point.

G'MIC Filter Developer

• Reptillian changed the title to Tiled Form - 10/27/2021

@Reptillian  I replaced the old Gmic Sharp Native Library with the new one you linked to and replaced the TileForm dll and this is what I get:

Exception:

GmicSharp.GmicException: Unable to load the gmic-sharp native library from C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\GmicSharpNative\win-x64\libGmicSharpNative.dll
 ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\GmicSharpNative\win-x64\libGmicSharpNative.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.NativeLibrary.LoadFromPath(String libraryName, Boolean throwOnError)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.NativeLibrary.Load(String libraryPath)
   at GmicSharp.Interop.DotNetNativeLibrary.Load(String path)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at GmicSharp.Interop.LibraryLoader.LoadNativeLibrary()
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicSharpNative.LoadNativeLibrary()
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicSharpNative.Initialize()
   at GmicSharp.GmicImageList`1..ctor()
   at GmicSharp.GmicRunner`1..ctor(String command, String customResourcePath, String hostName, IEnumerable`1 inputImages, IGmicOutputImageFactory`1 outputImageFactory, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 taskProgress)
   at GmicSharp.Gmic`1.RunGmicAsync(String command, IEnumerable`1 inputImages, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
   at GmicSharpPdn.PdnGmicSharp.RunGmic(String command, Func`1 cancelPollFn)

I simply replaced the files; I did not move anything. Can you look into this?  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

@Reptillian  I replaced the old Gmic Sharp Native Library with the new one you linked to and replaced the TileForm dll and this is what I get:

Exception:

GmicSharp.GmicException: Unable to load the gmic-sharp native library from C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\GmicSharpNative\win-x64\libGmicSharpNative.dll
 ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\GmicSharpNative\win-x64\libGmicSharpNative.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.NativeLibrary.LoadFromPath(String libraryName, Boolean throwOnError)
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.NativeLibrary.Load(String libraryPath)
   at GmicSharp.Interop.DotNetNativeLibrary.Load(String path)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at GmicSharp.Interop.LibraryLoader.LoadNativeLibrary()
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicSharpNative.LoadNativeLibrary()
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicSharpNative.Initialize()
   at GmicSharp.GmicImageList`1..ctor()
   at GmicSharp.GmicRunner`1..ctor(String command, String customResourcePath, String hostName, IEnumerable`1 inputImages, IGmicOutputImageFactory`1 outputImageFactory, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 taskProgress)
   at GmicSharp.Gmic`1.RunGmicAsync(String command, IEnumerable`1 inputImages, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
   at GmicSharpPdn.PdnGmicSharp.RunGmic(String command, Func`1 cancelPollFn)

I simply replaced the files; I did not move anything. Can you look into this?  Thanks!

This might be due to a bug in Paint.NET which will be fixed in the upcoming release.

• Upvote 1

@lynxster4 Okay, I looked, but I can't find why. Maybe it's the version of Paint.NET you're using? I'm running Paint.NET 4.3.2.

@otuncelli Could you confirm @lynxster4report? Anyone else too? Preferably with Paint.NET 4.3.2.

Also, calling @null54 as he's the author of the library for a G'MIC-PDN project.

EDIT: Hmm, I might have to add deps.json. See if dropping the attached file to the Paint.NET effect folder would make it work though I doubt it. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

TiledFormGmicPdn.deps.zip

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am also running Paint.NET 4.3.2.  I downloaded the additional file and that does not work...same error message.

5 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I am also running Paint.NET 4.3.2.  I downloaded the additional file and that does not work...same error message.

Do you see the file over here?

image.png.bec7024c25c14d62fdfc92538aaa8081.png

Try also paint.net App files in Documents. Put the GmicSharpNative folder over there.

G'MIC Filter Developer

6 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

I don't have that folder. I'm using the Classic version.

The classic version does detect 'paint.net App Files' folders in C:\Users\Documents'. Create it and put it there. I'm also using the classic version as well, not the store version.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

@Reptillian

The issue appears to be that libGmicSharpNative is dynamically linked to its dependent MinGW DLLs, which are not included in the win-x64 folder.

The previous versions were statically linked to MinGW.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

22 minutes ago, null54 said:

@Reptillian

The issue appears to be that libGmicSharpNative is dynamically linked to its dependent MinGW DLLs, which are not included in the win-x64 folder.

The previous versions were statically linked to MinGW.

So, adding MingGW dlls file should fix the problem? Okay, I will get to that.

G'MIC Filter Developer

2 hours ago, Reptillian said:

Maybe it'll work this time.

It is still giving me an error about missing dependencies.

You need to add libdeflate.dll, libjbig-0.dll, libLerc.dll and libwebp-7.dll to the archive.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

2 hours ago, Panchdara said:

I get virus message....??

I got that too, some browsers are showing a false positive for the plugins.

Click the Allow Download button and scan the file with your antivirus software.

PdnSig.png

@Reptillian  This is the error message I am now receiving, after downloading with the additional files:

Exception:

GmicSharp.GmicException: *** Error in ./*if/*if/*if/ *** Unknown command or filename 'rep_multicut.'
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicNative.HandleError(GmicStatus status, GmicErrorInfo errorInfo)
   at GmicSharp.GmicRunner`1.GmicWorker()

Sorry...

32 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

@Reptillian  This is the error message I am now receiving, after downloading with the additional files:

Exception:

GmicSharp.GmicException: *** Error in ./*if/*if/*if/ *** Unknown command or filename 'rep_multicut.'
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicNative.HandleError(GmicStatus status, GmicErrorInfo errorInfo)
   at GmicSharp.GmicRunner`1.GmicWorker()

Sorry...

No, no, I'm the one that should apologize for the inconvenience, that being said:

Well, that only means one more error to resolve since now 1) the gmicsharpnative issue is solved, and 2) I forgot that some people don't have updated update300.gmic file, so to fix it I need to use a merged command. I replaced rep_multicut with gmic_pdn_multicut command which is found at the source code itself. Everything should be solved at this point.

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

• Reptillian changed the title to Tiled Form - 10/29/2021

It works!!  Thank you!  🤗

Question:  If you are going to use a shape via the clipboard, does it matter what color and size it is? Thanks.

Edited by lynxster4

39 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

It works!!  Thank you!  🤗

Question:  If you are going to use a shape via the clipboard, does it matter what color and size it is? Thanks.

Glad to see that!

No, it doesn't matter. It will convert it to black and white. Not binary though, so images with a lot of midtones will results in canvas having mixed colors. You can use any shape you'd like. For best results, use a large image (1024x1024) made with white shape on black canvas as clipboard.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

15 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

No, it doesn't matter. It will convert it to black and white. Not binary though, so images with a lot of midtones will results in canvas having mixed colors. You can use any shape you'd like. For best results, use a large image (1024x1024) made with white shape on black canvas as clipboard.

Thanks!  ❤️

• Reptillian changed the title to Tiled Form - 10/30/2021

@Reptilliansince your plugin has a native DLL dependency, you should package them together and include a .deps.json. The 3 files should go into their own folder when installed.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

9 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

@Reptilliansince your plugin has a native DLL dependency, you should package them together and include a .deps.json. The 3 files should go into their own folder when installed.

There are few other of my own plugin that depends on the G'MIC library. It's a bit large to store on this forum, and I'm literally the only one in the world  qualified to work on G'MIC-PDN plugins.

I will see my option. I'll try adding a folder called GmicPDN, and then drop the GmicSharpNative folder there and the required dll there with deps.json.

I think the other gmicpdn dlls can also go into GmicPDN folder. Changes to the library is unlikely to break anything. Older gmic commands most likely will work with new g'mic. Just not the revert.

EDIT: Yep, creating GmicPDN folder, and then inserting GmicSharpNative folder, and the gmicpdn dlls works.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer