How to Install Plugins ×

Tiled Form - 12/02/2021

It's fine if the file is large, that's just how it has to be. This is part of the new packaging requirements starting with 4.3, as plugins need to have isolated dependencies to ensure we don't have even more "DLL version hell" 

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Ah I see now that I have tried a few other GmicPDN plugins, and errors show up as they're not compatible with the C# side of things. That being said, I tried editing those thread, and unable to do so, and someone has to post to allow me to edit those thread.

Could you disable Axis Streak and Fragment Blur with a notification that they are due to a update and remove download links as they're not compatible with current GmicSharpNative? I will not maintain separate version of GmicSharpNative at all.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

7 hours ago, Reptillian said:

Changes to the library is unlikely to break anything.

I made some changes to GmicSharpNative that will break older versions.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 month later...
  • Reptillian changed the title to Tiled Form - 12/02/2021

@toe_head2001 Thanks toe_head. Now, gonna need a post in Fragment Blur+ thread, and Axis Streak for me to be able to edit them or even post in them.

-----

That being said, I updated the Tiled Form plugin into .NET 6 and made a bug fix within g'mic code. It received a new icon as well.

Added multiple instruction on the GmicPDN/GmicSharpNative download link, and .deps.json file to be in accordance with @Rick Brewster rules. There's actually two different ways to install the gmic-pdn plugins since they always will be made to be compatible with latest GmicSharpNative.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Hello again @Reptillian

Getting this error from your new version.

Exception:

Spoiler

GmicSharp.GmicException: *** Error in ./ *** Command 'input': Unrecognized item '$avgc' in expression 'begin( const avg_c=$avgc...'
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicNative.HandleError(GmicStatus status, GmicErrorInfo errorInfo)
   at GmicSharp.GmicRunner`1.GmicWorker()

All folders are created and placed correctly

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

5 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

Hello again @Reptillian

Getting this error from your new version.

Exception:

Hide contents

GmicSharp.GmicException: *** Error in ./ *** Command 'input': Unrecognized item '$avgc' in expression 'begin( const avg_c=$avgc...'
   at GmicSharp.Interop.GmicNative.HandleError(GmicStatus status, GmicErrorInfo errorInfo)

All folders are created and placed correctly

Did you try updating GmicSharpNative?

G'MIC Filter Developer

Still getting an error after updating

Spoiler

@AndrewDavid

All I could do is rebuild, and then reupload the TiledFormGmicPdn.zip. That is what I did, and this is the last time I'll do this. Download once more. The code doesn't show a problem, and @lynxster4 and I can confirm that they work without problem. If it doesn't work on your side, there's not much I can do about it other than resorting to C#, and going with very difficult to maintain code. There is a possibility of a image being a problem, do PM me the offending image of the problem layer to see if I can replicate the problem.

This is the metadata information of the .zip file I uploaded and recently built from Visual Studio + send to .zip - ‎Modified: Thursday, ‎December ‎2, ‎2021, ‏‎3:22:15 P

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

@Reptillian Issue resolved.

image.png.a4fade3f16f3365264d0fa61aa3eb0f9.png

it's a matter of exactly where the files should be placed. There are so many options now.  TiledForm works only in the Effects menu. AxisStreak and FragmentBlur work in the GmicPDN folder.  I see no reason why TiledForm shouldn't work in the GmicPDN folder now that we can go two levels deep.

4 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

TiledForm works only in the Effects menu.

My 'TiledForm' works in the GmicPDN folder.  I wonder why it doesn't work for you... 🙄