PeterPawn's Gallery

PeterPawn

Yeah, the moon isn't a circle...

And it the moon seems fuzzy and too pale (I know it's because of the clouds but it looks a little out of place)

But I like the blackened and slightly blurred hills on the bottom

YouShallNotPassSig.jpg

It's very evocative! I like it! And you can easily solve the "moon is an egg" problem, if you want to, by just resizing down without checking the "Constrain Proportions" box.

But it's nice. Did you use stock images?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:? Don't know why the moon looks like an egg. This is an actual photgraph of the moon in lunar eclipse that I took with 35mm camera, 1000mm telephoto lens. Perhaps atmospheric disturbance. Basically, the pic is a composite of two photos, one of the moon and one of the mountain range. I'm a retired photographer and I use paint.net to create my own results from my own images, at least in this case. Click the link under my SIG. I've started posting some of my stuff just a few days ago.

When you imported the moon picture into your other - as you said "composite" - you didn't maintain Aspect Ratios. Make sure that if you do any resizing or scaling you hold down the Shift key while you drag the nubs to keep the same ratios.

I like it though - even as an egg - you could go and get all deep about why you purposely placed it as an egg :wink: :P

EDIT: The reason he said no jpgs is because they lose their quality - they don't retain the original.

You can upload various other formats like Bitmaps or PNGs with hosts like Photobucket and Imageshack as well.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

When you imported the moon picture into your other - as you said "composite" - you didn't maintain Aspect Ratios. Make sure that if you do any resizing or scaling you hold down the Shift key while you drag the nubs to keep the same ratios.

I like it though - even as an egg - you could go and get all deep about why you purposely placed it as an egg :wink: :P

EDIT: The reason he said no jpgs is because they lose their quality - they don't retain the original.

You can upload various other formats like Bitmaps or PNGs with hosts like Photobucket and Imageshack as well.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure what is meant by "egg?" It's not egg shaped, and the texture on the moon are just the natural craters. It would've been fun to get all deep like you said... :wink:

Egg shaped or not~this is a really good image. It evokes/invokes an emotional aura in its' viewing. The suggestions about re-sizing would probably have made the moon appear more "circular", but I think that is more personal taste in the rendering of the images. (quite often the moon does appear oblong or elongated). As for formats, perhaps when you flatten your final work from the layers, try your "save as" in file type .png~ I've found that the quality of various blending modes and effects maintains itself in this format better than .jpg or .gif Just a thought.

Egg shaped or not~this is a really good image. It evokes/invokes an emotional aura in its' viewing. The suggestions about re-sizing would probably have made the moon appear more "circular", but I think that is more personal taste in the rendering of the images. (quite often the moon does appear oblong or elongated). As for formats, perhaps when you flatten your final work from the layers, try your "save as" in file type .png~ I've found that the quality of various blending modes and effects maintains itself in this format better than .jpg or .gif Just a thought.

Thanks for your input. It's not the first time I've heard about the .png format. I'll do that from now on.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...