White pixels at the edges of my creations.

Hello! 

I just wanted to note that I've been getting these white pixels ever since I started using the app and I have no idea how to fix it. I've seen other forums about people and how they also have the exact same problem but I've only seen the ones that were around 2016-17, Paint.net has updated a lot since then though so I am not sure about the older solutions. I would like to know what the problem is and how I can fix it, please someone help.

I am pretty new to the app and I just make models for some animations that I do for fun. 3a63969b53ac06955502ddb36393d70e.thumb.png.e627ae7083e2b74e1822eee13b7d6c1e.png

365465e87db9c8eb0bc1771645a630d9.png

Hi @Shayla.

Welcome to the forum.

It looks to me that from the start of your design process, you have antialias turned on. This will cause those semi white transparent borders around your image.

Another solution is to increase the tolerance of the magic wand to include those pixels when you are filling the area with a color.

Hope this helps. :)

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Hello @Shayla. and welcome to the forum :)

If you duplicate your layers, you can better fill the spaces.  Also, there is a plugin called Edge Expander that helps in cases like this.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

If you explained in more detail what you're doing, you would have a better chance of getting a useful answer.

EDIT: Sorry, I somehow missed reading your last response. Nevertheless, my advice for a fuller explanations for future questions still stands.

I'll add that if antialiasing is creating those artifacts, you may not be producing your images in the best way.