Printing Problem

mjdamore

After searching and reading and searching, i have come up with nothing re my problem except for a menu option - Resize Print Size, and a plugin - prinitit (and maybe others) - that don't work. All I want to do is to print something a different size from the original. There's hardly an application that I can think of that can't do this. So my conclusion is that I'm missing something obvious. Please help.

Hello @mjdamore - and a warm welcome to the forum :)

The go-to resource we usually recommend is the Print It plugin. You said it it doesn't work. Can you be more specific? Feel free to upload a screenshot, as it might help explain what is not working for you.

Thanks for the welcome. Actually I have not tested it since from what other folks have written I didn't know if it was worth my while. I looked for it briefly but could not find a Windows 10 version. I'd appreciate a link and will report back on my success. Regards.

40 minutes ago, mjdamore said:

I'd appreciate a link and will report back on my success.

We have a neat tool on the forum called the Plugin Index. You'll find a link to the Print It plugin using the Plugin Index and the keyword print.

38 minutes ago, mjdamore said:

I also can't figure out why Resize Print Size doesn't work

Print Size in this dialog? resize.png

Here, Print Size is an estimate created to help determine how big your image should be.

What this dialog says is "if your image is this size (pixels), and you print at this resolution (print density), you'll get something this big out of the printer". The dialog helps you figure out the dimensions of your image, but does not translate to how the image is to be printed. You need the Print It plugin to tell your printer either the size and/or density of the image.

Thanks again...but, and I am not a nasty guy, odd to have a print size drive an image size estimate without being able to print the image that size.

I went through every post in the Print It section and was happy to see it give me some hope of running Print It under windows 10 and with a current version of paint.net. However my attempt to download was blocked by my anti-vurus software (Bitdefender). Sometimes these things "clear up." I will persist.

I tried Print It. It worked very well. I ignored my anti-virus and downloaded it. Then I scanned it locally with 2 different programs and it was fine. Thanks very much.

Glad you got it sorted. I hope your project goes well 😊