Remember the file format selection within a session

Bruce Townsend

I love Paint.net, I use it for all my image work on the PC. I've seen here and elsewhere that the developer will not allow the default file format to be changed from .PNG and I understand the reason. However I am using Paint.net to scan hundreds of old family prints, which I don't need or want to save as .PNG. They are mostly not great quality to begin with, and the .PNG files come out almost twice the size of .JPGs.

Could the software at least remember my file format selection within each session, so that I don't have to change it for every single image in a batch of dozens? There can't be many operations where someone wants to keep swapping between formats in a session, except between .PDN and one other.

Hi @Bruce Townsend! Welcome to the forum :)

10 hours ago, Bruce Townsend said:

I've seen here and elsewhere that the developer will not allow the default file format to be changed from .PNG and I understand the reason.

You've answered your own question. Within a session or not - the answer remains the same. Sorry.