About Filters Unlimited

ReMake

On the forum paint-net.ru there was interest in the Filters Unlimited plug-in. It was easily integrated into such well-known photo editors as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and PhotoImpact, had more than 350 effects in the package, and allowed unlimited adding of effects. You can get an Overview about Filters Unlimited from the archived copy of the site I.C.NET Software GmbH.

I wrote a small tutorial in Russian on how to use Filters Unlimited with paint.net. You can evaluate it visually from the images.

I can prepare this material in English if the forum members are interested.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Am I wrong that the free download is limited to 150 filters and the full version (350 filters) is no longer available? It would be a shame for you to spend time on something that is no longer supported.

BTW we already have G'Mic and Filter Forge (paid) in this area. Both are quite impressive.

5 minutes ago, LoudSilence said:

@Ego Eram ReputoNo offense, but I disagree? I mean, 150 filters is still a lot, and definitely better than 0. Also not to mention that G'MIC doesn't exactly have the same exact filters as Filters Unlimited (and filter forge, which is paid so not everyone would want it) 

What filters are missing? They can also be added in G'MIC-QT with time and efforts. Both of these softwares already has 1000+ filters and both of them offers the option of creating new filters.

G'MIC Filter Developer

As I said, its not being actively developed. That's a worry.

I'm also slighty concerned about the similarity between these two filter systems..... I can't help wondering if one is a copy of the other.

8bf.gif

5 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Am I wrong that the free download is limited to 150 filters and the full version (350 filters) is no longer available?

Yes, the full version is no longer supported, but Filters Unlimited is still popular to this day. You can find thousands of filters for this plug-in on the Internet. Some of these effects will probably cause you to bewilderment, smile, or be surprised. However, among them you can find interesting and useful effects that you will not find in Paint.NET.

5 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

It would be a shame for you to spend time on something that is no longer supported.

9 hours ago, ReMake said:

On the forum paint-net.ru there was interest in the Filters Unlimited plug-in.

Why should I be ashamed of my detailed response to a forum member's request?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ReMake said:

Why should I be ashamed of my detailed response to a forum member's request?

I think that may be misunderstanding an English idiom. "It would be a shame" means, more or less, "it would be unfortunate" not "it would be shameful." (I'd never considered what an odd expression it is if taken literally.)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MJW said:

I think that may be misunderstanding an English idiom. "It would be a shame" means, more or less, "it would be unfortunate" not "it would be shameful." (I'd never considered what an odd expression it is if taken literally.)

That is rather interesting now things get translated. 

Well done @ReMake for asking the question & @MJW for the great response.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

On 10/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, MJW said:

I think that may be misunderstanding an English idiom. 

@MJW thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, my English is not good enough.

@Ego Eram Reputo, I'm sorry if I offended you with my answer.

Filters Unlimited was installed on my computer more than seven years ago. I have about 4000 filters in my collection. Of course, I won't even be able to remember the names of all the filters, let alone use them. However, there are 15-20 filters that interested me and I would like to create effects for paint.net based on them. Many filters from Filters Unlimited can easily be converted to paint.net's effects using the PdnFF plugin by @null54. Here is an example of such a conversion:

<file deleted, no longer relevant, see Dynamic Contrast topic>

This is NOT an effect (although it works), this is only an example of using the PdnFF plugin (of course, your Effects folder must have this plugin installed, or the folder must contain at least files ffparse_64.dll, ffparse_86.dll). Although now it can already become an effect after a little modification. You will find it in Effects - > Test. And its UI:

DC-UI.png

Edited by ReMake
A new topic has been started