Forum Reactions

We are trialling some new reactions to posts. The set has been increased with the addition of Thanks (left), Haha, You're a Smart Cookie! (  toe_head2001 ) and Hugs ( Ego Eram Reputo ).

image.png.df6e81d4f93b7d64a92b44fca83bfd

We felt these would give the forum some more positive vibes - so go spread the love!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Hugs 1

Nice, thank you.

Perhaps now it's a good idea to inform / remind all of the daily limit members have for upvotes. 

I think this topic is appropriate to ask:

- Is the limit for a total number of reactions or for each of the five separately? 

- It will also be nice to know how a "day" is calculated. Is it reset daily at midnight Kathmandu time or is it for total reactions in any 24-hour period?

- Is it possible to allow two reactions by the same member for the same post? Like when I like a plugin/image/tutorial/reply so much that I want to click "Thanks" and "Like".

Xkds4Lh.png

7 hours ago, Djisves said:

- Is the limit for a total number of reactions or for each of the five separately? 

The total is 7 reactions per day. That total is collective for all reactions, so 7 means 7.

- It will also be nice to know how a "day" is calculated. Is it reset daily at midnight Kathmandu time or is it for total reactions in any 24-hour period?

I believe it is a rolling 24 hours based on the time of your oldest reaction in the last 24 hour period.

- Is it possible to allow two reactions by the same member for the same post? Like when I like a plugin/image/tutorial/reply so much that I want to click "Thanks" and "Like".

Sorry, you can only give one reaction per post. If you try to choose a second reaction, your first one will be undone.

Each of these reactions awards 1 reputation point, so reacting with all 6 reactions would award 6 reputation points.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1
  • Hugs 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

7 seems awfully low. Did we choose that number or is it the default?

Reaction limits for things like contests make sense. But, if someone wants to click on image.png for nitenurse79's covid recovery then it'd be a shame to lose that because they wanted to vote on a contest.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

6 hours ago, barbieq25 said:

I'd like 10 a day if that were possible, please?

Done. Newbs remain at 7 reactions/day. Most other groups have been increased to 10.

If the fabric of spacetime rips you can blame me :mrviolet:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

There are days I could've used ten, but I was content with the previous limit (even though I didn't know what it was).

I think that increasing the allowed reactions devalues each upvote. I'm not advocating returning to seven, but I suggest not to make a habit of increasing the limit every time the subject comes up. 

Xkds4Lh.png

Seven to 10 for Members is not a huge increase. Those who were limited by the previous ceiling are probably using theirs carefully anyway.

We adjusted the limit around 2011.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/3908-the-thread/?do=findComment&comment=354883

• Upvote 1