Paint.net Odd crash report

Cferra

Hi,

I have a bit of an odd crash report to report. I create a webcomic and I notice that if I leave the program running for a certain amount of time, it crashes. For example, if I go eat and leave it on for a bit, it crashes. I see the select icon and then it just goes off. When it crashes, the files I am working on do not get the save prompt. I am running the newest version of the software: Version 4.2.14 (Beta 4.2.14.7574.42160)

The odd thing is that if I work on it continuously, it doesn't crash. But, if I leave it alone it does.

I checked to see what errors I was getting and attached is the image.

Please help if you can. Thanks in advance!

Cferra

errorpaint.png

Can you post the crash log? You can find them easily using the link label at the bottom of the Settings > Diagnostics tab.

Settings: Diagnostics

I believe I've fixed this in the final release of 4.2.14. It seemed to be triggerable by leaving a selection active for awhile, possibly after scrolling and drawing. The animation for the selection was causing an inefficient data structure to be built, which eventually results in a stack overflow and termination of the process -- no crash log is created for this, it's just assassinated.

However, please let me know if it happens again (after installing the update), and I'll look into it

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg