Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

First of all, the strawberry is amazing. Second, you just need a few more shadows like at the bottom of the strawberry and a little in the middle. Third, you need a little more highlights just below the leaves. I can't wait to see it finished, Goonfella! 8)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Helen - I do think it looks a bit `flat' and needs some shadows/highlights to bring it out. Never thought of the shadows on the leaves though - thanks.

LFC - as it a wip I havn`t polished off the edges yet but thanks for mentioning it anyway, although it doesn`t seem too bad.

Welshblue - I got the shape of the strawberry from the tut I was following. Looking at some photos of the real thing shows that it is a bit too round.Never mind, it`ll do for now.

BTW, before anyone asks for the link to the tut ,for some reason it is no longer there. I got redirected to another webpage where it was supposed to have been moved to but it was not there either :?

It`s called Drawing a Melting Strawberry in Photoshop.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Added a few shades and the the shadows on the leaves really make a difference. Good call Helen :wink:

Also I used a bit of Powerstretch to change the shape. I think it looks much better now.What d`you think Welshy?

Tried to get rid of jaggies but on the laptop it looks fine. It`s only on the web you notice it ( on Photobucket and here).Any ideas to get rid of `em?

Strawberry3.png

Yes . I`ve tried Feather on both normal and true Feather settings, radial blur but that was definitely no good. I then tried drawing another line around the edges and slightly blurring that but still no luck. If I can`t sort it I`ll have to start again from scratch. But the thought of having to make all those pips again -aaargh please no!

Hehe, you've gotta do what you've got to do I guess...

I can't think of any other alternative.

Anyway - the edges aren't too bad - I think the strawberry itself is what people look at anyway, so you've done an excellent job.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Thanks Welshblue. I `ve had another go, this time instead of flattening and then feathering, I feathered the relevant layers first before I flattened, even the shadow on the bottom right which is still there but a bit more subtle.

I think it worked a treat and this is definitely the final straw :lol:

Thanks to everyone for all your helpful comments :wink:

Strawberry4.png

looks like feather didn't work quite as well as expected, tip:gaussian blur plus 1 or 2 with only alpha channel.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

OK how about this then. With the use of Gaussian+ red and alpha filter-

This must be the best so far. Also, when I do decide to make a fruity pic with all of them I will downsize the strawberry so it will look even smoother.

th_Strawberry5.png