Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Much appreciated.

Possum - losing your mind? :lol:

It's still missing. I set it down somewhere and can't find it ! Oh well, it was broken anyway.

Extraordinary piece mate. Someone said it looked like a poster for a cause, or awareness program. Yes, I think it's every bit better than most I've seen. Very creative and masterfully executed. Much depth in it, both in the visual sense and in it's meaning.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well as I mentioned on the first page I`ll be giving this gallery a makeover when everything settles down and I know that links are going to work and how many images we are allowed and so on. I have not left so don`t worry - I know how much you`ll all miss me! :lol:

I think I`ll keep this board for the latest works from now on and nothing more. Trying to navigate my way through all that text every time I edited the gallery was a pain so I think I simplify things in the future.

New forums are nice, I like them. They look very modern . It will be nice when the move is finished completely though.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Well as I mentioned on the first page I`ll be giving this gallery a makeover when everything settles down and I know that links are going to work and how many images we are allowed and so on. I have not left so don`t worry - I know how much you`ll all miss me! :lol:

I think I`ll keep this board for the latest works from now on and nothing more. Trying to navigate my way through all that text every time I edited the gallery was a pain so I think I simplify things in the future.

New forums are nice, I like them. They look very modern . It will be nice when the move is finished completely though.

Yep, me too...If anyone wants to see my older stuff - go to DA. As I add new work the oldest will be bumped off the perch. Doesn't get much easier than that.

...as if you'd leave us :P

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Goonfella I LOVE your spacescapes!! *falls over*

I wish I could do that... its a shame I couldn't follow the nebula drawings in the spacescape tut... I also love how you made that ship, and the one with the satellite, and the one with the asteroid belt was AMAZING!!

Do you mean the spaceship in the Space Race or the space station in my sig? I only ask because the spaceship was a render I found on Planet Renders so I can`t take the credit for making that one. However the space station in my sig is all my work. Thanks for the compliment. Glad you like my work. ;)

Sorry to disappoint but I never made either of the ships or the probe. The ships are both renders and the Galileo probe was from stock.

The Voyager pic was more of a photo manip as I used a stock background and adjusted the colours and added a few stars and planet brushes to go with Voyager. The stars in the background are mine though.

In the space race I just added the glow from the engines and adjusted the colours a bit. The rest is PDN.

The Galileo pic is one of my faves because I managed to get such a good representation of Jupiter. :)

:( oh well you did a great job nonethless.. i really like this one http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/G00nster/PDN%20Space/MoonWith2Views-1.jpg too.. I made an image similar to it but i couldn't figure out how you got yours to look so 3D.. my surface is flat with texure :(... http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/warfighter67/PaintDotNET%20Gallery/StarscapeWIP2.jpg this isnt one of my best works, and it's still a WIP.

Thanks for all your comments. It seems that I might be being a bit too critical of my own work (no surprise there then!)

The one thing that seems to get commented on most is the grey colour so I think I`ll look into it and lighten up a bit as has been suggested. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)

Oh and Welshy , as far as the lions are concerned I did think of using cannons but thought the lions gave a much more newspaper like finish to it - which was what I was trying for.

You`ve got me thinking though ( about a design for a nice Arsenal banner) :/

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted a new one - The Bubble Box.

And talking of bubbles, ours seems to have burst big time! To say I was disgusted is putting it mildly. I kid you not after Wigan equalized I was urging them to go on and win it and gave out an almighty cheer when they did! Gunners? Gonners more like. Paul Merson was dead right when he called Fabianski useless and was spot on when he said that until Arsenal get a world class goalie we`ll win nothing. Wenger was as much to blame as the players for keeping VP on the bench until it was too late. He should have been on for the last half hour at least to give us a bit of a lift and to try for a third goal. :(

OK rant over - back to PDN! :)

The lions are definitely a nice touch (I'm also a Blue ;) ) to the banner. One criticism about Bubble Box - the bubbles seem a tad flat, no lighting or shadows. Otherwise, perfect, keep it up and good luck with Arsenal. ;)