Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Actually I am not 100% satisfied with the planet myself, although it is one of the best I`ve made. So I might still change a few things. I think it might be a little too bright and needs toning down a bit.

The spaceplane is the only part not PDN . I tried doing my own but I did not think it was any good so I scrapped it and sourced one off Google Images instead. I think the pic looks better for it and that`s the main thing. :D

The wheels refers to the station which would be spinning slowly around as it orbits the planet.

There is a small difference between this station and the original one that no one`s mentioned yet - and I`m not telling :lol:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Yes the texture was loosely based on that tut in that I got the idea for making it there but once I got started I sort deviated from the tut a bit . Got a similar result in the end though. Let`s see if I can find the link....

Yes here it is -

http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/tutorials/shiphull.html

Enjoy! :D

I can`t believe it myself. If you`d have said I would be making a space station like this when I first made the texture I would never have believed you. :shock:

I blame Lance for all this with his challenge! :lol:

-most enjoyable challenge I`ve ever done though :wink:

Thanks for those nice words Oma. :D

I posted this in realistic umbrella, I will post it here again in case.

wow Goonfella that space station turned up to a real image, you know what, I like this image very much and I downloaded it ( don't worry I won't use it illegally :wink: ) , the shortcut of the file is on my desktop, and whenever I sit infront of my PC I double click that shortcut and just enjoying the view :D really really amazing it worth's all that time you spent on, great image man, take a break, and waiting to see some more complete images like this, but don't take a long break, ok :lol:

Right - hopefully this will be THE final version. Shadow issues sorted out .

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to helping me make this pic and a special thanks to Lance for the challenge in the first place. :D:D

btw - if there is something else please don`t hesitate to say so. Now...... where are my loony pills? :shock: :lol::P

I can`t believe it myself. If you`d have said I would be making a space station like this when I first made the texture I would never have believed you. :shock:

I blame Lance for all this with his challenge! :lol:

-most enjoyable challenge I`ve ever done though :wink:

Thanks for those nice words Oma. :D

I take the blame. 8) It's amazing how a little challenge can be a big push for someone to push the envelope on the program of PDN. I bet Rick Brewster, looking at some of our work, is just beating his chest like Tarzan, and yelling at the top of his lung.

Rick, if you read this, I'm just imaging what your reaction would be like to see how your brainchild is spawning wonderful images you see here in the Pictorium.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I saw that on PSTuts. I knew it was PDN-doable :)

Perhaps lower the opacity of the highlight. But that's probably personal preference, forget I mentioned it.

The edges of the sphere are also a bit jagged. A little anti-aliasing there. Maybe you should have used alpha masks?

Other than that, nice PS tut conversion :D