Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

That is very nice, although, you had mentioned the plugins, effect and the way you applied them to create all those object But I still couldn't figure out where did use all those things, that was really a smart touch by hiding those typical effect of those plugins, I like the green with violet, looks awesome as a foreground, and the space with planets makes it nicer playing as a background, also those UFO thingies they adding more 3D effect even without the shading, I am really surprised, another great piece.

It took lots of layers for a start! - each layer made differently to the one below and no duplication .

I also made extensive use of the Emboss and Drop Shadow plug ins. The hoses and black holes(can`t think what else to call them :D ) were made separately and pasted in. The tiny rivets are just grey dots which took forever to do.

All I`ve got to do now is make a half decent spaceship! :D

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

USS Goonfella Mk1 finished! :D

It turned out totally different to how I imagined it would. It`s like a ship that could have been in Star Trek, although that wasn`t the intention when I started out. Once I had done the saucer section though it was hard not to make it into a United Federation of Planets protoptype! :lol:

Man that is soooooo freaking cool ! Long time trekie and that is spot on ! Awesome ! If I live to be a hundred and two, I'll never catch up with you ! Your stuff just keeps getting better and better. Congrats on another great work !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

USS Goonfella Mk1 now that is fantastic. agree motion blur may be a better choice. or motion sharpen its one of Madjiks plugins.

I'm not a treky but it sure put me in mind of those type of space craft.

I can absolutely see you improving by the picture. Isn't it a great feeling when all your past learning in this program just seem to fall together and you can run with the art.

ciao OMA

Whew! Where to start! :D

Possum - thanks very much. The feeling is mutual. :lol:

Welshy - You just need to look at the opening credits on the programme and you`ll see where the inspiration came from.Thanks for the compliment. :wink:

Yellowman - I did use the same texture but the hoses never looked right once S3D had been used so I used the clone stamp to remove them. The blurring was down to S3D. Somehow it seemed to blur the edges.I tried using the Sharpen tool and this made it a bit better. It was worse than what you see.

I tried using the sharpen tool to try and get rid of it and succeeded up to a point - but not totally. I havn`t got motion sharpen - I give it a whirl. Thanks for the tip. :wink:

Oma - your right about all the learning coming together. This was also a great learning experience for using S3D and Octagonal Quad.

Improving by the picture eh? Thanks very much. :D (Still got a hell of a lot of improving to do to catch up to you though!)

This is fantastically amazing! :shock: I've always admired your spacescapes and the spaceship just adds this perfect touch to it. Maybe you could do a tut because I want to see how you use the S3D. It's a very nice piece once again. Good job!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks Helen. I basically just played around with all S3D`s settings until I came across something I liked, and then used for the ship. A tut would just consist of a bunch of S3D settings really .

I think the real work was done making the texture. :D