Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

• 8 months later...

Well it`s been a while now but I finally got round to posting another pic. I have been restricted to my Nexus 7 for ages which obviously does not have PDN so I kind of lost motivation. But I just bought a new laptop. Not as powerful as the last one unfortunately but it does OK. 

Thought I would have a go at Welshy`s excellent roughcast metal tut. Hope you like it.

Roughcasttext.jpg

• Upvote 1

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks.You know it's been so long since I last used PDN regularly that I have forgotten some of the methods I used to create my images. Blender is even worse, it,s like I only downloaded it for the first time. Lots of practice needed I think.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Welshy.

I know what you mean about learning Blender. I got used to using it but have not used it for some time . Now I have to re-learn everything! Wish I had a better memory. Don`t know if you have tried these sites yet but they are a couple of my faves -

http://www.blenderguru.com/

http://cgcookie.com/blender/

Enjoy.

Edited by Goonfella

Latest image is AmazinMaze3D. It`s my take on Welshy`s tut on the Fans forum - http://pdnfans.proboards.com/thread/38/engraved-embossed-pitted-metal

Ok so it`s not exactly engraved or embossed but it just shows what can be done by adapting a few settings.

th_AmazinMaze3D.jpg

• Upvote 2

Goon! That's Awe-maze-ing, for sure! Love the structure of the maze. The subtle spacey background is so pretty. I really like it!

Totally agree with Helen :D I also love the perspective you chose. Nice take on the tute Goonie!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Barbie, Helen - thanks very much. The idea behind the `spacey' background was to try and make it look as if it was floating just on the edge of space , hence the clouds below. Or as there is a reflection it might also be floating on water. You choose.

I tried different perspectives but found this one showed off the maze and the text to best effect. Glad you like it. :)

• 3 weeks later...