Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Thanks Yellowman, glad you think so. You would pedal it the same way, but the automatic gears would be where the swingarm and frame connect with a drive belt for less maintenance . The faster you pedal the higher the gearing would be so you could eventually be pedalling quite slowly but moving pretty quickly - hence the need for proper disc brakes and calipers.

Helen you could never afford one! :evillaugh:

(and yes I would hope it would be very fast!

Isn`t it nice just inventing ideas for things?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...

Latest image - Encounter on p1  I saw a picture of the Enterprise facing up to a Borg Cube and thought it might be fun to recreate it in PDN. It is 100% PDN including the Enterprise which I pieced together with the S3D plug in. I never bothered with too much detail as I knew it was going to be quite small. The texture for the Cube is the same one used for my space station heavily reworked to suit. I wanted to try and get across the enormous size of the Borg vessel. I looked at plenty of Borg Cubes on Google Images and what struck me was how many different types there are so mine not be at intricately detailed as some but it could still be feasible to have one looking like this. Anyway I hope you like it.

Edited by Goonfella

I thought the cube was rendered with a different program. This whole scenery is pieced very well together. The planet has a nice realistic glow to it. Oh, and the spaceship is extraordinary. It's size shows the vastness of this spacescape and the bigness of the planet and borg cube. Wow, Goon. Awesome work! :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Echoing everyone else's thoughts - just so great!

Here is what I said on Fans: I love what you have done with the Borg cube! I think you have captured the feeling of dread associated with the Borg & the enormity of the cube very well.

You've done a marvellous job with the Enterprise too. Quite right in that any details would get lost & possibly detract from the image anyway.

Awesome work!!
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks for all the nice comments. Glad it went down so well.

Drew  - atmospherics are so important to any image I think. It makes the scene so much more interesting.

Welshy, you are obviously not a Trekkie then! You would not be hit on the head by a cube - you would be assimilated so the Borg could use PDN as well as you.sHa_biggrin.gif

Helen  - when you have a plug in like S3D why waste time rendering elsewhere? Glad you enjoyed the image. sHa_wink.gif

Barbie , read your post on Fans . Enjoyed reading it again here as well. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it was about time I changed my sig and av combo. Kept the space theme to a certain extent with the world but I wanted this one to be 3D as well. It`s a bit different to my usual ones which are purely space., Thanks to Pyro for the tip on changing my Av - it`s been so long I had forgotten!

Edited by Goonfella

Ooh, Helen likes this. She thinks you did an awesome job!

Sometimes talking in third-person might get the point across better. ;) The reflection is pure magic. I love the crispness to it all.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

An excellent spacescape in Encounter @Gooney.  I find it mesmerising and await the Big Bang when they clash.  Sorry I missed Le Wiggo before, it's so sleek and elegant.  Great work :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

God am I mad with myself! Not happy at ALL! I bought a Google Nexus 7 last week and have been enjoying using it - until now. I had it charging on the bed while I worked on the laptop , I moved slightly and the tablet slid off the bed and fell on the floor. WHAM! Now it`s knackered. Not a thing. Totally bricked. One week and 2 days - that`s how long I have had it. I even got a nice cover for it from Amazon. God am I down in the dumps. £200 up in smoke. It`s my first tablet and I`ve killed it after 9 days having it. 

What a complete disaster. You hear of these things happening to other people but never think it will happen to you. But it does and what`s worse is that is it entirely my fault. Such a stupid thing to do.Clot.

Edited by Goonfella

I just can`t be bothered to do anything about it right now. I`m  just too piddled off about it. I don`t think you can blame the build quality. It`s quite a high bed and it landed with a real thud . I doubt any computer would survive a fall like that. I just blame myself.

I just can`t be bothered to do anything about it right now. I`m  just too piddled off about it. I don`t think you can blame the build quality. It`s quite a high bed and it landed with a real thud . I doubt any computer would survive a fall like that. I just blame myself.

I've seen people do all kinds of horrible things (ex: stepping on them, sitting on them, spilling coffee on them, etc) to iPhones without destroying them. If an iPhone can take that kind of abuse, I think a tablet should at least be able to take a fall...especially if it was on carpet. If it was on a hard floor, well...then it's your fault, clumsy! :P

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo