Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Welshy old man you must be ancient! :lol:

Funnily enough I did add some shadow to where you suggested. Maybe not enough though.

Thanks Drew. I can just see you and Welshy racing your zimmer frames! :lol: :lol:

Helen your right it is a bit blurry in places. Can`t understand that as I started big and reduced it in size for the final image. Usually this sharpens things up.

Barbie the radio in the tut is coloured green but I thought I would choose a different colour to be different.

I`ve always been here, keeping an eye on things. Just havn`t bothered to post recently as I gave PDN a break. It is nice to be posting again though. ;)

Incidently have any of you tried out the new Photobucket set up? I was given the chance to try it the other day. I did like it but there was a pretty major problem that made me go back to the standard version. When I looked at the thumbnail images in my various folders not all of the image was showing. With the Sratocaster guitar for example, all you could see was the top part, nothing else. It was the same with the rest as well. No good to me. So I told them so when I reverted back to the old set up.

Anyone else had this problem?

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks Jim , glad you like it. :D

When I try doing these PS tuts I try not to copy them too closely. I think it`s always better if you change a few things. It gives it a much more personal touch. I got the idea for the background after browsing through loads of retro posters on Google . It struck me that most of them tend to use pastel type colours. Originally I was going to do a glossy floor with a reflection but I decided against that in the end. I think it looks more `of the period' if you know what I mean.

Helen I havn`t seen a record player for years now. Another thing that has gradually disappeared are typewriters. It`s all word processors now. I saw an article on TV earlier today about Brother. They have finally stopped making them and the very last one has been sent to a museum. Sad in a way. :|

I basically just search for Photoshop tuts using Google and see what pops up. A good website is http://psd.tutsplus.com/ but another I have found recently with some interesting ones is http://naldzgraphics...tag/photoshop/.

I look through different websites regularly for any new ones just like I keep an eye out for new PDN ones here or on Fans.Most websites have a wide range to choose from. I really wish there were that many PDN ones as well. That`s one of the reasons I turned to PS tuts - I simply ran out of PDN ones! I found that there is a far bigger choice of subjects. With PDN once you have done the main ones you are largely on your own but there is no end of PS ones.

Are you looking to do more yourself?

OK . I`ve had a look through your gallery and what struck me was that there was no glass. So how about this one to start with? - http://psd.tutsplus....k-in-photoshop/

This one will make use of all those fabulous textures you create and there is text and an object ( the compass) in there as well. I think it should be a nice challenge. If you don`t fancy it just say so and I`ll pick an easy one instead - to suit your limited capabilities . sHa_hehe.gif

hint - when you are faced with a string of PS Layer Effects settings I have found it`s easier to just ignore these completely and just look at the final result, then try to work out out how to do it in PDN. There is usually a way round it.

Edited by Goonfella

Do I have to make the dial in PDN ?

Aah I know what you mean now. Sorry I should have had a proper look at the tut. I never realized he used a stock image for the dial . Of course you can still go ahead and make your own dial in PDN but as you are really after an object tut I`ll try and find something else.

How about this one? - http://psd.tutsplus....ayer-photoshop/

Everything made from scratch.

I really don`t know what your Russian was thinking of . How can you boot out a manager who won the Champions League and FA Cup in the same season? Madness. And now it`s coming back to haunt him. Good job too I say.

I think the only way they will get rid of our Frenchie is if he fails to make it into the Champions League next season so the club will lose out on a lot of money. I think they have only kept him on because up to now he has made money for the club. Once the cash dries up they will get rid. Although even then I don`t think they will have the balls to sack him, he will probably be `moved upstairs' if you know what I mean.

Edited by Goonfella

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you. I'm glad you did. This is a very nice image. The 3D bits are beautifully done. I like your own additions (like I mentioned on Fans) because it gives the image more character. I guess what I mean is like your own signature touches are seen in the image.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Not meaning to start an off topic fight here, but I think Gillingham FC are the rootenest, tootenest, shootenest  team around. Playing for the love and passion will always win over playing for money and gold  :D

Standing back and awaiting the flames :lol:

Oh yeah..and while I'm here, great planet goonfella, very detailed, I love the colours too. :)

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

Are there actually bikes like that in real life? If so, where have I been?! Absolutely amazing job on everything. I love the people in the background and the reflection on the ground. Great work!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Barbie I have had plenty images which I have flattened and forgot to save as a pdn file first . It can be so irritating when you see afterwards that there are little details you could have improved on but by then it`s too late. Didn`t happen with this one though - I have 3 files for this one - the initial pdn file when I was creating the bike, the one when I was assembling the final image and , of course, the jpg. And before anyone asks "why don`t you use png`s" (because someone always does!) - I only bother with that if I want to keep the transparency.

Welshy, I`ve had another go at any jaggies. Hopefully that`s it. I could not see anymore anyway. Also I have added a couple of subtle shadows where the wheels touch the ground and tried to blend in the background a bit better. This was the one area where it was tricky to sort out as those layers had been merged. I think it looks a bit better now though. Thanks for the tip off.

Helen I doubt there are bikes like this. I know time trial and track bikes are similar. For example the wheels are inspired by the carbon ones used nowadays, but mine has a swing arm and forks for suspension like a motorbike as well. And the chain is contained in the frame/swing arm with automatic gearchanging (well hidden - it was just an idea that came to me writing this post! :grin: ) . Also if you look closely it has proper calipers for the disc brakes like a motorbike as well. You won`t get all that on a slim trim racing bike that`s for sure! 

The idea for this bike came from this PS tut , Brad Wiggins winning the Tour de France , and my Dad going out to buy a new bike because he wants to stay active in his old age. sHa_biggrin.gif