Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

When your gallery ends up way down on p4 of the Galleria no one is going to see it anyway so there doesn`t seem much point in keeping it going. My latest works get posted on Fans now. I havn`t added anything to this one for ages.

Thanks for the kind words though Welshy ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

There are about a handful of people who comment on my gallery too & most of these are on Fans. People still look though, I think. Sad to see you leave here my old friend. You've always been there for me & we still have you on Fans.

Helen is right & so are you.

I give as much help as I possibly can & try to give constructive criticism but most of those folk don't seem to reciprocate.

Julio Coolio, you'd be most welcome at Fans.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Goonie I know just how you feel. At one point I withheld several images just to see how far my gallery would drop. I'm quite familiar with pages three and four. If not for a few good friends on here and on Fans, I don't think mine would ever get a peek. Maybe you'll bring it back some time in the future. It's a shame that as new members come on they won't get to see the complete works from one of the greats on this forum. See you on Fans !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...

I don't think it's old age, Goon, I think it all depends how many visitors visit your gallery. When you have more visitors and comments/suggestions, you want to strive to make more images. By the way, your latest images are eye-popping gorgeous! I don't ever get tired looking through your gallery.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Pyro , I don`t want to actually leave this forum, it`s just that I had so many images posted , it was getting to be a real chore sorting through all the url`s whenever I wanted to add a new one. The lack of comments did not help either. Also when it ends up on p3 obviously not many people are that interested anyway. Ironically removing them has generated more interest in the gallery than when it was here!

If you look at my tutorials the images remain where they are. Removing these would be wrong and could be considered as vandalism as they are there to help people use PDN . Many times I have looked at a tutorial only to find that the images have been removed and all that remains is text. This I don`t agree with. If you do a tut you should leave the images there, even if nobody seems to be using them. They might still in fact be being looked at (I hope) to give people an idea how to complete an image. I don`t expect every image made using my tuts to be posted there. I just hope they are helpful to someone. It`s like with the models in my Sketchup 3D Warehouse , it`s nice if they are downloaded but I won`t remove them just because they are not popular.

However as you miss my images sooo much I will add a few of the best from now on. ;)

I get peeved too that I spend a goodly amount of time keeping up my gallery but more importantly, commenting & encouraging newcomers. There has been the odd few that go & look & leave a comment but for the most part I certainly don't get much of a response either in my gallery or to the suggestions/comments I leave.

I've been slow on all forums lately, or even PDNing because I have been occupied with other things.

I miss your images here.

I agree that it is ironic that once they are gone, it generates more interest. On the other hand, how many more dead artists are celebrated as such compared to those living?

The forum in general has been slow here with most postings on "help needed" which has become a repeat. It must drive the mods nuts to have to repeat exhortations to change the thread title & read the rules.

I hope you do resurrect your gallery. You are an unsung hero. What would I have done without your support, guidance & friendship over the last few years? You are part of the Fans gang that I will always look up to.

Hurry back, my friend.

Welshy, you just stay put too. (Please, don't go. Yes, I know, I know, me too.) The tide has to turn & maybe if we become more active it will encourage others? Every now & then we turn up a gem but in the meantime we have to wade through a lot of muck.

Goonie, too right about removing images from tutes. When I first started, there were some I would have loved to do but without the images I was lost.

Nothing wrong with having a revamp of the gallery though.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Well I have to say , my friends, that you brought a great big smile to my face with those posts. I enjoyed reading them so much and Bbq - your comment about dead artists made me roar with laughter! sHa_lolbig2.gifsHa_lolbig2.gif

Thankfully I`m not dead yet - I think.

And Welshy the grumpy old man - I put that down to supporting Chelsea. Quite understandable really! :lol:

( I`ve never thought you grumpy mate - just forthright with your opinions - and there`s nothing wrong with that.)

Glad it made you smile but it is true not only for visual artists but music & entertainment & sport too.

Tommy Lee Jones, US Marshall, Men in Black, & there was one about some astronauts (old & forgetful, so don't remember the name) is a honey. Not because he is a pretty boy but because he has substance & a face that has been lived in, a guy who knows what he wants & what he is all about. He does not suffer fools gladly & comes across as grumpy. He cracks me up with laughter that nobody watching the movie with me gets. Welshy is like that. Grumpy in a nice way because he knows what he is all about. Yes, forthright too but when the chips are down or the proverbial hits the fan - Welshy will be there to help you.

Anybody getting the rough end of the pineapple with him probably deserves it.

Now, back to what Welshy was saying about the Galleria - check it out! It has been updated...the old grump & the young grump who hates socks have done it. Long live the King!

Goonie, what really struck me was that the camera was done in 2008. I thought it was much more recent. Time flies! I remember the joke we made about you using the camera to create your awesome images.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

@Goon: Glad you decided to stay. I'll try to comment whenever I have time (I usually try to do so anyhow). :)

@barbie: Tommy Lee Jones? Oh my gosh! He's one of my favorite actors. I find him as a stricter person, but with a great sense of humor. He's cool.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Nice of you to say so Helen. Thanks very much. ;)

Bbq, I actually made the camera in November last year (I have it dated on the laptop). The date you are looking at is when I first opened the gallery! Don`t forget it has just been constantly edited since then and the date of the post doesn`t change when you add another image. I could never have made an image like that back then, I was still going through the tuts on You Tube and here to learn PDN. But you are right - time flies ( and seems to go quicker the older you get!) ;)