Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Nnniiiiccceeee! I like your pics. The first one looks like the camera lens is looking right at you. Great job on the spacescapes, too! Maybe you could use some feathering around the edge of the first one. :D

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

The marble was from Drakaan`s tut on PDN Fanatics Forum. I have changed a few things though to try to get it as realistic as possible. Just wish I could remember which ones! I`ll have to do another one to jog my useless memory. happy0009.gif

Thanks for the tip about the edges oma. I`ll sort it out and post the result.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

It does need some work on it . This was me just getting to know the program. I just thought I would post it to compare with the other one. I`ll fix it sometime but at the moment I am more interested in creating new images.

Here is one I made this evening -

th_PDNGold.jpg

I gave the text layer a slightly different water reflection + drop shadow to set it apart from the main image.I was not too sure if it looked right but in the end I left it as it is.

I was just trying to figure out what I could use for my avatar and then I thought why not use some of my fave pictures? So this is what I did using Ash`s S3D cube tut.

Turned out OK but I think the PDN Gold one is a bit out of place. I need to create another good spacescape to finish it off properly.

th_NetCube.jpg

I`ve been trying to find a use for that starry background and now I found one. :D

That`s exactly what I was thinking. Instead of planets I was thinking of doing a picture of a nebula and making it as realistic as possible. I`ve done the clouds and planets but never one of these.

Here is the result. I decided on a nebula as I have not done one before and this is my first attempt. The starry background is the same as the last image, just used properly this time.

It took 11 layers of various colours and blending modes in all. :D

Its not very good though.

StarBackground-Nebula2.jpg

I have always fancied trying to recreate the Vista wallpaper but up to now have not had much success. Then I had a go at an abstract for a change and came up with this -

th_VistaAbstract.jpg

I rather like it and will be trying to reproduce it slightly larger so it fits the screen properly. :D

Here is another one. I think the great thing about these is that it is almost impossible to make the same thing twice. There is always a slight difference somewhere along the line that gives you a completely different image.

Abstract1small.jpg

This one is my wallpaper at the moment. No doubt I will come up with something else to take its place.I followed this tut to start off-

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23915

and then did my own thing after step 10.There was definitely a couple of layer flips both horizontal and vertical and I struck on the colours by chance when inverted them to see what would happen. I think it started out blue/green.