Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The moonscape is my favorite. Great pics even though I don't like doing spacey stuff. (Only sometimes when I want to try something out.) 

Here's my sig.(Click it now!)

AeEEeGO.png

Hi, it's me. I like experimenting with PDN to make really cool effects. I also like to

code in HTML and Lua. I like PC games and making youtube videos to show

my friends. Nice meeting you! See you later.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks FotoFactory. Sorry I took so long replying. :)

New image posted of a Music Amplifier. Based on this PS tut but as usual all created with PDN instead. Could not get my wheel adjusters looking quite as nice as the ones in the tut though. Needs to have a more metallic texture. Guess that`s the advantage of having layer styles in PS although I am sure there must be a method to replicate it better in PDN, I just havn`t found it yet. :roll:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Goonfella! lfmdh6l7.png   "Music Amplifier" a very very good effort. Thank you so much.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks Seerose. Always nice to hear from you. ;)

Glad you liked it JD (hope you don`t mind being called JD - it`s easier on my fingers & thumbs! :) )

The reason I made this image was simply that I had not done it before. I always enjoyed making various kinds of gadgets as well as spacescapes and this was one I had never attempted before. You can see my others on Fans if you are interested.

Ay for those knobs,I would use the method some here have used for making a record.Vynl record that is.Maybe you have already done a record.Havent you?I cant remember.Make the record then lighten it perhaps?Just a thought.

Edited by johnnysdream

Oh yes Red, lots of patience! It`s just a case of plodding through step by step. The trickiest part is  trying to work out how to replicate PS effects in PDN. A classic example is the knobs.

JD , funny you should mention the vinyl record. That is the method I used. Getting the radial brushed metal effect was straightforward enough and adding the highlights as well. Trying to get it looking like realistic metal is where the problem was for me. I tried the Metallize plugin, Curves , adjusting the Levels and the blend modes but could only get what I would consider as an adequate , but not really realistic, finish.

I like the Amp, very nicely done....... 

I don't have the patience for making things like this from scratch, I prefer the Dr Frankenstein method of piecing it together from existing parts.  

Plane_Sig2.gif

Oh, wow, Goon! Phenomenal amplifier. I want to play around with the buttons to see how each knob changes the sound. 

And by golly, Goon, turn the volume down. I mentioned it already on the other forum and you haven't taken my advice... ;)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks for all the great comments. Much appreciated. ;)

racerx  - I also used old stuff in new images when I think it could save time. With this one there was nothing I already had so it had to be made from scratch.

JD - good suggestion, Forgot about that one.

Sorry Helen I can`t hear what you are saying - music is too loud! :lol::music::beer::music::beer::music:  - Party time!

Skullbonz, I have to admit it would be awesome to animate the graphic equalizer. We Are the Champions or Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen would be a good choice for some music. :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the great comments. Much appreciated. ;)

racerx  - I also used old stuff in new images when I think it could save time. With this one there was nothing I already had so it had to be made from scratch.

JD - good suggestion, Forgot about that one.

Sorry Helen I can`t hear what you are saying - music is too loud! :lol::music::beer::music::beer::music:  - Party time!

Skullbonz, I have to admit it would be awesome to animate the graphic equalizer. We Are the Champions or Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen would be a good choice for some music. :)

How about Queen's Another one bites the dust?

Amp.gif

• Upvote 2

Plane_Sig2.gif

Thanks Dryda. ;)

racerx that`s awesome.  Thanks for animating it. I did not expect that when I logged on this evening. What a nice surprise. Queen is always a good choice no matter which song you prefer.  :) 

I`m kicking myself now though because I did have all the layers I used for the VU monitors saved separately, so it would have been possible to animate the needles as well bouncing back and forth to the music. But once I had sorted them out and flattened them to make it easier to adjust their size & position I deleted the separate layers as there were so many and I did not think I would need them again!

That`s taught me a lesson (even after all these years using PDN) . You never know if you might need all the layers at some point, so save them ! :roll:

After seeing what is possible now I might go back and remake them anyway.

Would be great to get a sequence from switching on power, play  a sound and switch off.

If you may use ImAGIF to create the Animation then we could discuss commands which make some sequences easier to create.

midoras signature.gif

Oh WoW!  The Amp is stupendous @Gooney :lightning: .  You really did a great job on the tutorial into PDN.  Jolly well done - it was certainly worth the obvious effort you gave to the end result. 

What a team - with Racerx doing the animation.  Fantastic job fellers ;) .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.