Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Just added my go at a sci fi pic. This one is a combination of Gimp and PDN. Planets, moon and swirl made in PDN and the background/stars done in Gimp. I did it this way because there are more blending options in Gimp for the background and the star brushes are far easier to use but I found PDN was better for making the swirl, moon and planet as it was less complicated.

I started of following a tut but in the end went my own way.

I`m sure there will be plenty C & C`s! :lol:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

You see, I've never been to space, so how would I know how it really looks like? So no C&C's from me. :P But one question, though, you're saying you did all that without stocks or anything? It's beautiful and splendidly peaceful!!!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

That`s right no stockings - oops! - stocks. :lol:

Unless you consider the rocky textures I used to help me create the planet as stock images. In the picture, though, the only thing not actually MADE by me is the star brush. The tutorial uses a stock image but I wanted this to be as much my work as poss. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Yeah, we all live and learn, then we do it again tomorrow. And I know some people had gone through school of hard knocks. I'm one of them... :(:roll:

Goonie, I once saw a PS tut on a sci-fi poster...I think it was at PSDtut.com or something like that.

@Welshblue, true that about this forum, it's great for constructive feedback and help. That's what drew me here to PDN.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.