Unable to find paint.net files

I was looking for the paint.net file in windows/programs files/ But when I looked for paint.net, it wasn't found, I searched my whole pc, haven't found any file named paint.net with the effects section and the other 2, I was wanting to download a effect.

Hi @ICopTo

Welcome to the Forum

Do you remember installing the classic or store bought version of Paint.net?

If you installed the Store version the effect files are found in a different place.

In the Windows Store version of paint.net, the directories for plugins and Shapes are different. These will have to be created manually.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by AndrewDavid

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Hello @ICopTo and welcome :)

If you have the free version, you would find it via this:  ThisPC > OS(C:) > Program Files > paint.net > Effects

If you bought it at the windows store, you would have to login back there to find if it downloaded.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

7 hours ago, ICopTo said:

I was looking for the paint.net file in windows/programs files/ But when I looked for paint.net, it wasn't found, I searched my whole pc, haven't found any file named paint.net with the effects section and the other 2, I was wanting to download a effect.

Sounds like you installed the store version.

If you download my plugin pack https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113220-boltbaits-plugin-pack-for-pdn-v4212-and-beyond-updated-july-16-2020/

and run the installer, click the box that says "I'm running the store version of Paint.NET", click the box that says "I agree...", then click the "Install Everything" button.

Once the installer is done installing everything, you'll have the proper folder created in your "My Documents" folder.  Feel free to install other plugins into those folders.