How to add a new button to the Tools bar?

lycan

Hello,

I'm a beginner here and i was wondering if you could give me some guidance on how and where to add a new button to the tools bar? I want the user to click the button and insert a pre-defined image onto the workspace

Thanks

Source code is provided without support. I'm sorry, but you're on your own.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm not interested in developing a plugin. All I want is to add a new button to the Tools(F5) bar and add a click event to it that will drop a image (stored in resources) onto the current workspace
You want to hardcode a brand new button to a stored resource? Why not just use File > Open? That would be a lot easier than playing with the source to PDN. You _could_ drop an image onto the canvas with a plugin though, but as you said - you don't want to go there.

I'm not interested in developing a plugin. All I want is to add a new button to the Tools(F5) bar and add a click event to it that will drop a image (stored in resources) onto the current workspace

Well, this is the Plugin Developer's Central. No other source code support, insight, or documentation is provided.

Sorry, but I've got to ...

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg