How do i make something look like its moving

robloxkid928z

I have a picture of a car that looks like the one below it has a transparent backgroung
image.png
How do i make it look like its moving i tried using motion blur but that makes it hard to recognize it as a car
i got that image of goolge its not the real picture because i dont want to share it but the picture looks like that one because its a grey car and the caamra angle is same on of the side

Edited by robloxkid928z

im new

Put the car  on its own transparent layer.

Reduce the size of the car or or do a canvas resize (Image tab) so you can make the blur longer. I used the for this & used Layers > Rotate/Zoom & reduce the car size to 0.69.

Duplicate that layer & on the bottom layer run Effects > Object > Trail. Increase the distance (82 is what I used) to your liking but leave the Spacing at 1. Tick Fade Out & High Quality. You could then reduce the opacity of the layer to your liking. I think mine was about 215.

If you are feeling very adventurous, put the Trail layer on top of the car & use a transparent gradient to blur just the rear end of the car. I think it might be better to start the gradient from the back of the car. You can always right click on the circular nubs to change the direction if that makes sense.

There may be more than one way to achieve the look you are after but I hope this helps. 

Car Blur.png

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

1 hour ago, welshblue said:

There is.  Quicker and easier.  Cut a rim out using ellipse select > Align it centre on the canvas > Radial Blur to suit

moving-civic.png

I think you nailed it. :D I knew there was more but I just didn't know what else. Way to go @welshblue

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

11 hours ago, welshblue said:

I may post a video tutorial if it'll be beneficial here

I think video tutorials are easier for most people to understand.

I prefer well written tutorials; I find them easier to follow at my own pace.

If I was to commission a tutorial, I'd demand a video version and a written version. As it is, I'm grateful for anything published here, in any form  🙂

Xkds4Lh.png