Help, please: Resize Handles and Options

I am a new user to Paint.NET; previously, I used Microsoft Paint.

1. I want to resize the canvas in Paint.NET. I found the command "Image / Canvas Size..." on the main menu. However, I would rather resize the canvas via handles on the sides of the canvas (like in Microsoft Paint). Unfortunately, my canvas in Paint.NET doesn't seem to have any handles. What am I doing wrong?

2. Does Paint.NET have options that I can configure? If yes, where are they?

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for your quick response.

>

> Image --> Canvas size

>

Yes, that command is equivalent to "Image / Attributes..." in Microsoft Paint. However...

If I have a small picture on a large canvas and I want to resize the canvas to fit the picture exactly, sizing handles on the side of the canvas are much more convenient to use.

>

> Ctrl+A and then use :MoveTool:

>

Now, we're getting closer. :)

In paint.net, I first tried Ctrl-A and "Move Selected Pixels". Hooray! Sizing handles appeared on the side of the canvas. Boo! When I used the sizing handles, the picture on the canvas resized, not the canvas.

Then, I tried Ctrl-A and "Move Selection". Hooray! Sizing handles appeared on the side of the canvas. Boo! When I used the sizing handles, the following result occured:

select10.jpg

The grey area is not canvas, right?

So, sorry, but I'm back to my original question. Is it possible in paint.net to resize the canvas via sizing handles on the sides of the canvas?

Thanks for your help.

So, sorry, but I'm back to my original question. Is it possible in paint.net to resize the canvas via sizing handles on the sides of the canvas?

No.

But you may find that Edit->Paste into New Image (Ctrl +Alt + V) is very handy.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg