Scalable Vector Graphics plugin for Paint.NET

Moderators Note:

Is plugin can now be found here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/117086-scalable-vector-graphics-filetype-alternative-plugin-svg-svgz/

For some reason the plugin isn't able to open SVG files exported from Adobe Illustrator. All the shapes turn out black. Searching the forums I could only find this release. Fortunately a Google search came up with this one released on Github that works for me: https://github.com/otuncelli/Scalable-Vector-Graphics-Plugin-for-Paint.NET/releases

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2018 at 6:23 PM, Drift91 said:

For some reason the plugin isn't able to open SVG files exported from Adobe Illustrator. All the shapes turn out black. Searching the forums I could only find this release. Fortunately a Google search came up with this one released on Github that works for me: https://github.com/otuncelli/Scalable-Vector-Graphics-Plugin-for-Paint.NET/releases/tag/v0.2-alpha

The Scalable-Vector-Graphics-Plugin-for-Paint.NET is updated with Layers support.

Please check the latest version.

I have tried plugin from the original post but some layers are skipped, so it was fixed for this one.

New:

• Layers
  • Opacity can be stored as a layer property.
  • Import of hidden Layers
  • Groups boundaries. Extra layers will be created to wrap grouped layers. Layers names are the same as for PSD plugin. So you can export your SVG file and save as Photoshop files with folders/groups support. See the link

svg_import.png

tiger_svg.jpg

Edited by Ievgen Naida
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did something change since the instructions at the start of this thread were last updated? I downloaded the filetype plugin from the github link, not anything from the dropbox link, and just put it into the filetypes folder. Now I get a dialog asking for resolution when I try to open an SVG image. 

Is it that simple now, and we can ignore the rest of the instructions? Or am I missing out on some functionality? 

On 8/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, aworkerb said:

Did something change since the instructions at the start of this thread were last updated? I downloaded the filetype plugin from the github link, not anything from the dropbox link, and just put it into the filetypes folder. Now I get a dialog asking for resolution when I try to open an SVG image. 

Is it that simple now, and we can ignore the rest of the instructions? Or am I missing out on some functionality? 

Yes. It's that simple.

The instructions are for the old plugin (ImSVG.Filetype) which has nothing to do with the plugin from github. You can ignore them safely if you're using the plugin from github.

• 1 month later...

v1.0 released.

You can get the latest version from this link:

https://github.com/otuncelli/Scalable-Vector-Graphics-Plugin-for-Paint.NET/releases

Disclaimer: I merged all required third party libraries into a single file so everyone can easily install, remove and update it. Because of this merging, the binary form of the plugin contains code from the Fizzler project ( LGPL ) which forces me to use the same license. LGPL terms only applies to binary form.

Changelog:

• Updated to use SVG.NET v3.1.1
  • Changed to use non-obsolete FileType constructor
  • Fixed some GUI related problems

If you experience any problems you can open an issue on github or post it here.

Also if you're a developer, you're welcome to contribute code on github and help making this plugin better.

Edited by otuncelli
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We don't seems to have a forum thread for this plugin. How about releasing this officially?

To do so, create a new thread here telling us all about it (basically repeating your two previous posts) and posting the links.

• 1 year later...
48 minutes ago, Bartholomeu said:

Hello. I really appreciate this forum and its exceptional help and netiqutte. If I just installed the github program on Paint.net, is it possible to start designing in vectors. 

It sounds to me what you really need is to download Inkscape: https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.1.1/

1 hour ago, Bartholomeu said:

Hello. I really appreciate this forum and its exceptional help and netiqutte. If I just installed the github program on Paint.net, is it possible to start designing in vectors. 

The plugin only allows you to import SVG files into Paint.NET by rasterizing them. It doesn't allow you to work with vectors directly. No plugin can do this.

The ShapeMaker plugin as close as you can get to vectors in Paint.NET.

Edited by otuncelli