• jez84 changed the title to Saving a PNG to a certain resolution, but then it automatically decreased when I next open the image?
53 minutes ago, jez84 said:

Though I've now noticed that if I open an image up again in paint.net that I've already saved and check the image 'resize' option, it has automatically decreased the resolution from when I last saved it? Not always by a huge amount, but still.

This sounds the issue that was reported here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/32360-resolution-is-changing-by-01-after-saving-file/

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Resolution is only used to calculate the print size. Saving or not saving it does not affect the image.

• 4 weeks later...

For printing at a known DPI, calculate the image dimensions this way:

Height (pixels) = print height (inches) * 300

Width (pixels) = print width (inches) * 300

If you wanted to print an image at 300dpi and you needed the finished print size to be 5 inches wide * 4 inches high, you need to start with an image 1500 * 1200 pixels in size.

Make sense? 😃

• Like 1
  • jez84 changed the title to PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

No need to remove your posts @jez84. It makes it difficult for others to find the same solution.