More 3D Creation support?

LoudSilence

Making 3D objects in Paint.NET is tough (at least for me, and im sure some others who are new to pdn can relate) of course, the Shape3D plugin combined with the "Distort this!" plugin can get you some rock-like objects, thats just one of the very little options of making a 3D Object with a simple method for beginners, for example, a beginner would have some trouble making a 3d plant, as there isn't exactly an option called "Plant" or "Leaf" on any 3d shape plugins, im asking for a way to make *custom* 3d objects on PDN for beginners (of course this isn't possible, but something that would just increase the range of possibility of making 3d shapes easily within paint.net)

Well, you can use plugins like my Texture Shader and Texture Merger to create what I call 2 1/2-D objects with height maps, but if you want true 3-D, you need something like Blender. The reason Blender is harder that Paint.NET is largely because creating actual 3-D objects is hard. Only a program dedicated to to making 3-D objects can do a reasonable job of it. Paint.NET is an image editor. It handles image files, not the kind of complex databases that are required to to assemble true 3-D objects.

@MJWThe only problem is, lets say you wanted to put this 3d object that you made onto scenery that was made in PDN or just a photo that you took, Blender does not have an option to just screenshot your 3d object with a transparent background, and if you tried removing it with magic wand in pdn after screenshotting the object, due to shading, this wont be possible sometimes no matter what tolerance. That is why sometimes paint.net is a better choice sometimes, and why I don't want to use Blender (I even tried putting a blender object on a background, removing the background was hard..)

28 minutes ago, LoudSilence said:

Blender does not have an option to just screenshot your 3d object with a transparent background,

Export the render as a PNG with transparency? https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/1303/can-blender-render-pngs-with-the-background-transparent .