Request: Signature Image Dimensions

Couold we change the limit for the images in your signature to 500*200 ?

Would it not be distracting to have signatures that tall? This post uses such a signature to demonstrate.

---------------------------------

"Itrs npy who votes tnat coutbs, whgat matxers is whi coytrns rge voyef" -- Joysth Stargm

m9ru36.png

Custom Brushes In Paint.NET | AVIImport

KaHuc.png

It was enlarged from 500x100 to 500x150 less than a year ago. That was a pretty big change.

500x150 is a good size. It keeps screen real estate to a minimum without cramping artistic expression. 500x100 was a bit small, but 500x150 is just about perfect. Remember, restrictions breed creativity.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No. In fact, the sig size could be 600 or 700x150, for all I care. The problem is vertical size, not width. 150 pixels is tall enough.

EDIT: But, hey, I'm not the only mod here. :-) We really need to see the other mods weigh in on this.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

The viewing of signatures can be disabled via UCP and if that doesn't cut it then just block a signature that is bothering you. With that in mind, I say do it.

Bzzt! See, the big problem is that it slows us mods down to have to scroll through pages made so long by sigs. And we don't have the luxury of turning ANYTHING off; we have to be able to see everything on the forum.

And, trust me, you don't want six disgruntled mods around here. We'll lock everything. :_)

Like David said, Width increase is ok (No more than 600, IMO), Height is NOT!

We've got many users abusing the system with too many lines of text already.

More height + many lines of text = too much.

If you want to express yourself with larger pieces.

There is LAOTW, The Pictorium and personal gallery.

restrictions breed creativity.

I would have to disagree on that.. :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Like David said, Width increase is ok (No more than 600, IMO)

Works for me.

restrictions breed creativity.

I would have to disagree on that.. :)

No, it's true! Old video games are so much more clever because they had to be so creative to fit a video game into the small storage media of the day. The artistic masters were so much better at painting because they didn't have photographs to work from, etc. and thus had to develop their craft to the point of amazing. If you have restrictions, you develop your craft within those restrictions to the point of excellence; that makes your work outside those restrictions even better.

Think about you. You developed your craft (CG) within the restrictions of Paint.NET. When you move to Photoshop, you'll be all the better for it. :-)

See? True!