I keep getting an error message when saving

The error message that I am getting is:Application version: paint.net 4.2.11
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at PaintDotNet.IO.SaveTransaction.Commit() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\IO\SaveTransaction.cs:line 278
   at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass246_1.<DoSaveImpl>b__6() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2794
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

I installed paint.net again, the problem was fixed.  I could save pictures, good!  But, days later, the same error message comes up.  I haven't been able to find a solution.  Can someone help me with this issue?  Thanks!

I just did an update and did some "experimenting" with a photo in the jpeg format.  After I copy the photo it becomes a png. file and try and save it as a renamed file, but it saved it this time.  I will save the above solution for the next time, hopefully there won't be a next time!  Thanks for your help, and thanks for your prompt response 🙂

• Like 1

• toe_head2001 changed the title to I keep getting an error message when saving