Suggestion: show the same radius-cursor when drawing lines as with paint

Bellerophon

I'm working on some plans right now using Paint.NET, and I often want to draw lines a certain distance or with a gap from another. It's easy when a line is narrow, but when it's, say, twenty pixels thick, it's hard to tell just how it's going to line up with other elements of the picture. Given that radius is relevant, maybe when we have the line tool selected and the line is more than a few pixels thick, we should see the same radius circle around the cursor as we do with the paintbrush tool, so we can see how thick the line will be in-image.

• Upvote 1

I find the OP suggestion very useful and I'd like to see it implemented if possible, when possible, for the same reason. 

2 hours ago, Bellerophon said:

it's hard to tell just how it's going to line up with other elements of the picture

I cases like this, it's useful to draw your line on a new layer and then adjust its position to line up with your image.

52 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

you can always adjust the line width, end positions, and curvature before finalizing the line

True, true and true... BUT it does not work well for straight lines. You cannot adjust the position of the whole line (i.e. all four knobs together), so it's impossible to keep the line perfectly straight.

Xkds4Lh.png

25 minutes ago, Djisves said:

You cannot adjust the position of the whole line (i.e. all four knobs together), so it's impossible to keep the line perfectly straight.

Um, wrong. You can adjust the whole line position (yes - all four nubs) using the pulsing four-way-move icon (bottom right below)

linecurvehandles.png

• Upvote 1